Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bailiffs - BARKING AND DAGENHAM COUNCIL
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
giddens208
Hi, Just wondering if i can have a bit of advice. on the 4/4/2010 i recieved a PCN from Barking and Dagenham Council, i then formally appealed against the pcn and got a confirmation email from thanking me for the challenge. I never heard anything then on, by post or by email, then today 7/7/2011 a YEAR and 3 months on! the bailiffs clamp my car and order that I pay!!

IVE NOT RECEIVED ANY NOTICE THAT MY APPEAL WAS REJECTED OR ANY LETTERS OF FINAL NOTICE FROM THE COUNCIL OR ANY LETTERS FROM THE DEBT COLLECTORS.

I still have the appeal email that i sent the council and i still have the email saved on my computer giving a reply that they have recieved my challenge!

Thanks in advance for any info!
Neil B
You need to contact Northampton TEC and make a Statutory Declaration and an Out of Time application.

Do this immediately. the bailiff will act again soon. DO NOT bother contacting or arguing with the Council. You MUST follow process.

Ask any questions you need to.

You may also want to speak to Sheila at 'bailiffadviceonline' - for a small fee. She is best to advise on the clamp issue particularly.
hcandersen
While you're doing this, consider why you might not have received any further docs.

Was the PCN served by hand i.e. placed on your car?
Who is the registered keeper of the car?
If it's you, are your details current with DVLA and are you living at that address and if not would mail sent to that address be forwarded to you?

A plausible explanation is that you're not the keeper (in which case all postal docs would not be sent to you by the council), or you are the keeper and your details aren't current.

But act as above and deal with the what (bailiffs) rather than the why?

HCA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.