Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recieved Summons 74 - 50
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
jpbuk
As with everyone im not guilty lol. Anyway driving on dual carriageway and it is reduced to a 50mph (not for roadworks) Couple of questions please helpers -

Cop car marked sited 50 yards in front of no stopping/waiting sign on slip road out of view - is this ok

Car alleges speed on my white car was 74 in 50mph

I was stopped 2.8 miles away even though passed two large lay byes and major roundabout where he would have lost sight of me

Police showed lazer and i replied i could not have been speeding etc

I asked police why he took so long to catch up with blues and twos and he replied road was too busy

I told him it was not me and he was mistaken as i just joined road at roundabout

He replied take it too court

never signed anything and never received anything on the day but summons arrived in post.

Anyone know procedure for lazer. He was driver and operator other cop stayed silent and never wrote anything down. Would cop only see car and then make his chase and try keep in view a white BMW or would they normally memorise the reg number also.

He had to ask me make of car as it is a new BMW F10 with one of only few in UK with white-line rear lights.

I am thinking of pleading not guilty and claim i only joined at roundabout 2.3 miles down road and due to heavy traffic he has confused me with another white BMW etc as mine is pretty unique.

Summons only states white car

Many thanks
BaggieBoy
Your "claim" of joining the road after where the incident occured appears to be untrue (since you seem to recall the police car at the location). Taking this approach is Perverting the Course of Justice and carries jail time...don't do there! You will be banned from this site if you continue down this path.
jpbuk
QUOTE (BaggieBoy @ Sat, 2 Jul 2011 - 13:50) *
Your "claim" of joining the road after where the incident occured appears to be untrue (since you seem to recall the police car at the location). Taking this approach is Perverting the Course of Justice and carries jail time...don't do there! You will be banned from this site if you continue down this path.

Baggieboy - would not dream of lying under oath. The policeman told me where he was sitting and i pass that route most days going to work, its a well known spot. I only noticed the sign as i went to pay closer attention to where they claim to be sitting.
Logician
It is a seriously bad idea to claim to have joined the road later if you did not, you can turn a minor traffic offence into a very serious offence going down that route.

Where the cops were parked is not going to be relevant to whather they have proof of your speeding. It is not logical to claim a) your car is unusual with its rear lights, and b) could be readily confused with another car. Your claim they must have mistaken your car will not be viable if they have noted or photographed your number as you went by, and they are clearly likely to have done that. A roadside stop is the most difficult to defend, you are in the range where 5 or 6 points are more likely than a ban, so you may be best to concentrate on mitigation.
jpbuk
Logician, no photo evidence or video as i asked at the time. He did not even write anything down and his partner was certainly not interested. I told him i was on other road and all he said was i could recommend u get charged with careless or dangerous and i backed off.

Do you suggest i plead not guilty to see evidence then change or seek legal advice

appreciate its a guide and thanks for replying
southpaw82
Were you on another road?
jpbuk
Yes i joint dual carriageway at roundabout then within 30 seconds i looked in mirror and saw blues n twos. i then pulled over. I also thought it was strange the driver operated the gun, did the driving then the charge etc and passenger didnt speak. The never even got out to check my car.

I have clean licence and have done for over 15 years so a bit ******.
Kickaha
QUOTE (jpbuk @ Sat, 2 Jul 2011 - 13:44) *
As with everyone im not guilty lol. Anyway driving on dual carriageway and it is reduced to a 50mph (not for roadworks) Couple of questions please helpers -

Cop car marked sited 50 yards in front of no stopping/waiting sign on slip road out of view - is this ok

Car alleges speed on my white car was 74 in 50mph

I was stopped 2.8 miles away even though passed two large lay byes and major roundabout where he would have lost sight of me
Police showed lazer and i replied i could not have been speeding etc

I asked police why he took so long to catch up with blues and twos and he replied road was too busy

I told him it was not me and he was mistaken as i just joined road at roundabout

He replied take it too court

never signed anything and never received anything on the day but summons arrived in post.

Anyone know procedure for lazer. He was driver and operator other cop stayed silent and never wrote anything down. Would cop only see car and then make his chase and try keep in view a white BMW or would they normally memorise the reg number also.

He had to ask me make of car as it is a new BMW F10 with one of only few in UK with white-line rear lights.

I am thinking of pleading not guilty and claim i only joined at roundabout 2.3 miles down road and due to heavy traffic he has confused me with another white BMW etc as mine is pretty unique.

Summons only states white car

Many thanks

Either you passed the roundabout or joined at it. I know what my money is on, therefore I am out.
southpaw82
Cop car marked sited 50 yards in front of no stopping/waiting sign on slip road out of view

How did you know he wasn't in plain sight if you didn't pass him?
jpbuk
Guys i said it was a cop car, it was BMW 5 series marked. He told me he was on the slip road. the road goes from dual carriageway 70 to a new short road one slip road entrance where he was sitting his words not mine but its a well known spot. I joined at another roundabout and passed under two bridges with no slip roads.

i get the point, you dont believe me so JP wont so plead guilty !!!
Kickaha

You are getting it (sort of). There is no way that anyone on this forum would condone lying, or be involved in any way.

But there is one thing for you to ponder on: If you cannot construct a consistant version of events and defend it credibly whilst sat in the comfort of your own home with time to reflect your answers, how do you hope to do so in court?
norahl
...He had to ask me make of car as it is a new BMW F10 with one of only few in UK with white-line rear lights.

Summons only states white car ...

If yours is a BMW F10 and there are only a few in the country, how likely is it that there were 2 white F10's speeding along that road at the time the police saw you?

You don't seem to be making sense by saying there are not many of these vehicles in the UK you must have mistaken me for another.

Have you thought this through?
mrh3369

Not the other car then rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.