Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN (99) in a Bus stop?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Fatboy123
Hello you lovely people! I like this forum!

Right here goes

My wife dropped me off at Feltham station and pulled up in a bus stop. Quick kiss and out of the car no more than 30 seconds. One of Hounslow councils camaras nabbed us. ( no drop off pick up point at Feltham and a camara on duty, i wonder why!)

HOWEVER, the pcn they have issued states a contravention number 99. Stopped on a pedestrian crossing or crossing area marked by zigzags

This is a run of the mill bus stop, which is clearly shown in the photo evidence. there are no dropped kerbs or zigzags.

I alight from the car at .45 seconds and am seen walking away at .56 seconds.

If we were pictured on a high street at rush hour holding up traffic, i would hold my hands up and pay. But this is 8.15 on a saturday morning with not a car in site.

What would be the best way to fight this?

thanks in advance for your help.
bama
show us the PCN - ALL of it - minus personal details but leave dates and times in
Fatboy123
Unfortunately i am having trouble with my scanner atm will try and get it sorted..

If i reply as ' the alledged contravention did not occur" Could they then change the contravention to a bus stop contravention?
bama
digital camera will do the job.

and - No, they can't
emanresu
When are your 21 days up?

"For a penalty to be imposed for a parking contravention the vehicle must be stationary. If the vehicle is clearly unattended, it was stationary." So if you are walking away then it seems that's what they have spotted.

So it will be down to the signs, lines and TRO .... and as Bama says, no they can't change their minds.
Fatboy123
No, I get out of the passenger seat and wife drives away. 30 seconds Max. Car running and wife in driver seat at all times.

The date of the notice is 01/07/11

The way i see it is they have blown it because it is a Bus Stop (clearly marked in the pics). It is not a pedestrian crossing and there is not a zigzag in sight.
Fatboy123
Any more questions? or advise?

smile.gif
Fatboy123
mellow.gif
Chas820
Pcn both sides first as the experts NEED to see the wording.This location is a bus stand although i`m not sure if that makes a difference.Several posters have been caught at this money maker but so far no one seems to have fought it.
Fatboy123
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I hope this is ok. We are not the greatest in the IT world.

fingers crossed
Fatboy123
Not good enough?
I am Weasel
QUOTE (Fatboy123 @ Sun, 17 Jul 2011 - 16:34) *
Not good enough?

Not at all, a slam-dunk winner "The contravention did not occur"
Neil B
QUOTE (I am Weasel @ Mon, 18 Jul 2011 - 10:36) *
QUOTE (Fatboy123 @ Sun, 17 Jul 2011 - 16:34) *
Not good enough?

Not at all, a slam-dunk winner "The contravention did not occur"

DITTO.

and I'm guessing the reason nobody is responding is because it is sooooo obvious we didn't feel there was anything more to say.
Fatboy123
I thought so too, but it seemed such a pathetic mistake i thought it might be a double bluff! Thanks for your advice, i will take great pleasure in returning it to them.

One last thing. Is it wise to send the representation via recorded delivery or best to do it online?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.