Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did not enter reg number
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Majority
Does failing to enter reg number invalidate a council car parking ticket?
The terms and conditions sign states 'display a ticket', the machine asked for last 3 reg numbers, I couldnt recall reg, it was raining and I was in a hurry so I entered 'car', in a reply to my appeal the council accepts that correct fee was paid and ticket was displayed but says the ticket was void as the 3 reg numbers did not match the vehicle and as such the penalty stands, any thoughts?
Regards
hcandersen
It depends.

Let's see the PCN and any other correspondence, leave location in.

Does the tariff board state that a motorist is required to enter the number? The traffic order might require a partial reg. no. to be included. This supposed to counter the unauthorised transfer of tickets between motorists, and ought to mean that should a motorist receive a PCN for not displaying a ticket which might have flipped over or fallen off their windscreen, then the council would compare the reg. no. on the ticket and cancel the PCN when it's clear that a ticket had been bought. Oh yes?

HCA
buttonpusher
How do you put 3 numbers down on a modern car?
hcandersen
We don't know what the council wrote because the OP has not posted the doc but used their own words.

Normally last 3 characters. Frankly anything can be entered, the m/c cannot reconcile this against the VRM as it has no way of knowing. Issues only come to light, as in this case, when a PCN is served. But as we haven't seen the PCN, it's still a bit of a lottery.

HCA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.