Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
skibum3591
Recently my elderly father-in-law received a PCN for driving in a bus lane. It was a notice stating that the original penalty notice had not been paid and raising the fee to £90. They never received the original notice. They have written to the council but have not yet (2 weeks later) received a reply, although they have telephoned and have been told that their letter was received.

Is there anything else they need to do before they get that reply, e.g. appeal to the adjudicator?

I have read the topics relating to getting the request info from DVLA to ensure the council complied with the law in this respect and will be writing a request that my father can send off to the DVLA, just so that we can see when the council applied for the registered keepers details.

Today, I also received a similar notice from the same council for an infringement in the same place back in April. I too never received the original. I shall also write to the council and to the DVLA. Is it worth my father and I requesting the stills/video from the council?

Could they be doing this to a lot of people, not to send out the original notices and then getting them to pay more?
southpaw82
QUOTE (skibum3591 @ Fri, 17 Jun 2011 - 21:41) *
Recently my elderly father-in-law received a PCN for driving in a bus lane.

I bet they didn't. Was it called and enforcement notice or a charge certificate?
skibum3591
A Charge Certificate
southpaw82
Then they need to wait for an order for recovery to come and make a statutory declaration in response to that. No good contacting the council in the meantime.
skibum3591
What will happen then?

Also, several others have reported not receiving their first notices. Could this be widespread? If so how could we investigate further?
southpaw82
QUOTE (skibum3591 @ Fri, 17 Jun 2011 - 22:08) *
What will happen then?

It will allow them to make representations.
Neil B
Which Council are we talking about??

I'll have a guess, given the amount, at the currently topical R.
skibum3591
Liverpool.
Neil B
QUOTE (skibum3591 @ Sat, 18 Jun 2011 - 07:59) *
Liverpool.

Ok that's goos cos their PCNs are rubbish. Follow what Southpaw said and you should get a new PCN, then post it on here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.