Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Minster Street
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
adele.m
Hi there, I have just read your post and I'm hoping i could get some advise on this too.I have apparently been caught on the Minster Street on 18th April( 17:15PM) and have only received the letter today (10th June) demanding a payment. I however did not receive any pictures being taken of my car number plates or any other supporting information with the letter. It also says that if I dont pay it within 28 days, I will be taken to the court as PCN was sent to me ( which I never received). Also, just like in your situation, I am super cautious for any road signs as I have only been driving for less than a year now. Am 110% sure there was no bus lane sign on 18th April, or anything that would catch your eye when driving 20mph. I am panicking now and I think it is just ridiculous what the council is doing. I am going to speak to them when they reopen their offices on the working day next week. Could anyone please advise me of anything because I really dont know what to do and what actions to take. This letter has just ruined jolly my weekend mood sad.gif
Neil B
QUOTE (adele.m @ Fri, 10 Jun 2011 - 18:23) *
Hi there, I have just read your post and I'm hoping i could get some advise on this too.I have apparently been caught on the Minster Street on 18th April( 17:15PM) and have only received the letter today (10th June) demanding a payment. I however did not receive any pictures being taken of my car number plates or any other supporting information with the letter. It also says that if I dont pay it within 28 days, I will be taken to the court as PCN was sent to me ( which I never received). Also, just like in your situation, I am super cautious for any road signs as I have only been driving for less than a year now. Am 110% sure there was no bus lane sign on 18th April, or anything that would catch your eye when driving 20mph. I am panicking now and I think it is just ridiculous what the council is doing. I am going to speak to them when they reopen their offices on the working day next week. Could anyone please advise me of anything because I really dont know what to do and what actions to take. This letter has just ruined jolly my weekend mood sad.gif

You need to start your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's.

Do that and clarify exactly what it is you have received. It sounds like a Charge Certificate.
adele.m
Hi there, I am hoping to get some advise here before I make my visit to the council office. I have been issued with a charge certificate from Reading Borough council for driving in a so called bus lane in Minster street, Reading. The time and date of the offence was 18th April 2011 at 17.15pm. Surprisingly I have only received a letter only on 10th June which is 2months late! I have not been issued any letter including my cars photograph of the offence earlier, but they are saying that i have not complied with their previous communication and increased the charge by 150%!! I know it could be post office fail for not receiving earlier letters but my argument is that there are no signs of the bus lane being in minster street. I have read previous topics and saw that the sign has been changed restricting other than public transport to to enter the street from 11am to 4pm, to 11am to 7pm from 18th April. As i understood from the previous topics, there has been a lot of people who genuinely did were not aware of the sign change and been issues the same letters. I have also understood from the previous posts that the authorities are advised to issue warning letters on the commencement of the first offence for a period of two weeks after the change of signs taken place, or on this case the lack of signs. There was also a post from a member saying that the legislation does not come in force until 13th May. Am i right to think that in my case it is unreasonable? Can anybody give me some advise on this case as i am completely lost and would appreciate some advise from people who would be come across this or similar issue before.
Neil B
Ok. So it is a Charge Cert and you say you never received the PCN.

DO NOT bother with a visit to the Council.

You need to forget all issues of appealing the PCN for now. We need to get you a new one - then we do that.

For now - you MUST wait for the next document called 'Order for Recovery'

That will have another form with it to make a Statutory Declaration that you did not receive PCN. Send that to Northampton TEC saying ONLY that. Nothing about challenging the PCN it is nothing to do with them.

Reading then have to issue you a new PCN.

Check back when you get the OfR.
adele.m
Hi, thanks for a reply, what will happens when I get my Order for recovery?
bama
err, did you read the previous post ?

"For now - you MUST wait for the next document called 'Order for Recovery'

That will have another form with it to make a Statutory Declaration that you did not receive PCN. Send that to Northampton TEC saying ONLY that. Nothing about challenging the PCN it is nothing to do with them."

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.