Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welsh translation incorrect
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
ianeg67
Hi to all members. I'm new to this forum but need help with regards a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty I have received. I live in Wales and received the two copies of NIP of doing 46 in a 30 zone. I completed my details as I know I was the only driver of this hire vehicle at the time. Requested at the same time if it was possible to attend the Awareness course but got letter saying NO due to the severity of the offence. Have now received both English and Welsh Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty however the Welsh version doesn't state the speed limit I exceeded just has the letters PH in the gap where the numbers should be!!! The English one states 30. Has this been issued correctly as surely both should read the same? Your advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
southpaw82
An error on the CoFP is of no help to you. If you don't send one back you're going to get a summons. Just imagine how your story will sound to the magistrates...
Logician
If it is an error it does not help you, either you accept the COFP or you go to court where the COFP is irrelevant.
ianeg67
Many thanks for the response. Can read/speak Welsh anyway. LOL. Was worth a check. Thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.