Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No incident, just for reference!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
rtho782
Hi there!

I have been driving a car several years but only just passed my Motorbike Direct Access test today, yay!

I've always known that 6 points within 2 years = loss of license, but I always thought that was post test.

The blurb on the back of the pass certificate says that points BEFORE you got your license count towards this.

This confuses me for a couple of reasons....

When I passed my car license, I had 11 points on my provisional... How come the license didn't instantly revoke?

I now have 3 speeding points from driving a car, dated Feb 2011, does this mean if I am now caught in a speedtrap again, on a bike OR in a car, I automatically lose my category A entitlement? (as I hit 6 points...)

The blurb says "first driving test", does this mean the 2 years run from me passing my Car test, and don't affect my new Bike license?

I figure it is best to know now, rather than get a shock later!!!

Thanks in advance...
The Rookie
The new drivers act only affects you for two years from gaining your first full licence, so the fact you've now passed your bike test is irrelevant, as yes they run from your car test.

Revokation occurs if you pass 6 points AFTER you get your full licence, so you could pass on 11 and as long as you didn't get any more within 2 years, be fine, but pass on 3 and gain 3 more and your revoked.

Simon

rtho782
Awesome, thanks for the help! smile.gif

Although now I'm going to end up doing 160 on a motorway at which point I don't suppose the 6 point thing will really matter to me wink.gif hehe....
mashman36
QUOTE (rtho782 @ Thu, 19 May 2011 - 15:39) *
Awesome, thanks for the help! smile.gif

Although now I'm going to end up doing 160 on a motorway at which point I don't suppose the 6 point thing will really matter to me wink.gif hehe....

160 really wait for the tank slapper to scare the life out of you before the rozzers do when they take your hard earned license from you and land you in the sh1t .safe riding laugh.gif keep safe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.