Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caught speeding 1st time.... but caught twice!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
corsadawdler
I've been driving for 11 years now with a clean licence. I was caught speeding for the first ever time the other day going one way then the other. Same speed camera, same location.

What i want to know is, would the police consider 1 speed awareness course for the two offences or speed awarenes course for only one offence???

I have recieved 2 NIPS, one for 39mph and one for 41mph, both in a 30mph

Can anyone help me?
peterguk
QUOTE (corsadawdler @ Fri, 13 May 2011 - 00:15) *
What i want to know is, would the police consider 1 speed awareness course for the two offences or speed awarenes course for only one offence???

Assuming there was a break of some sort in your journey between the two offences, they will be treated as two separate offences.

SAC for the first, COFP for the 2nd.
corsadawdler
unfortunately there was a break in the journey...thats what worries me. I'm not too worried about the fine but with it being my first time i'm worried (probably irrationally!!!) about getting any points on my licence. I've returned my NIPs as they were in my wifes name so i've now got to await my fate so to speak.... missus not too pleased either!!
Thank you for your advice
Aretnap
If the NIPs were addressed to your wife she has to reply herself naming you as the driver. You'll then be sent your own NIP.

If you've filled in and signed a NIP which was addressed to your wife it could cause all sorts of problems - up to and including your wife being summonsed for failure to furnish driver details (6 points and ~£500 per offence). If you've done this you should probably ring up the camera partnership, explain that you got confused, and ask them to send your wife some new forms.

3 points is nothing to worry about. For an experienced driver it will make little or no difference to your insurance premium.
corsadawdler
it was my wife that filled them out and signed them, furnishing my details in the meantime. i should have been clearer, sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.