Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP! SPEEDING IN 50MPH AVERAGE SPEED CAMERA ZONE
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
jedah
Hello all!

I am a total novice on this forum so please be easy on me. Ok here is my dillema. I work at heathrow airport, so I drive down the M25 from St. Albans everyday for the past year and a half coming up to 2 years. I work early morning shifts so I drive on the m25 at around 4am. I know I know I shouldnt be speeding so please save me the lecture, I am fully aware! Anyhow, for the past year and a half I have been speeding up and down the empty M25 to work. However, a few days ago I received two letters, yes two! from Hertfordshire police saying on one occasion I was speeding at 71mph and the other letter said I was speeding at 76mph on another day in the 50mph zone. Now, I have been doing my own research and I am so confused into what could happen to me. I depend heavily on my car to get me to work, without my car I am jobless. I don't know what the outcome could be for me? Will I get a ban? Will I get 6 points for each offence? Please please can someone provide me with some constructive advice and help me please. I doubt I qualify for the speeding course, but would it be in my best interest to write a letter to plead with them to spare me and let me take the course? Believe me, since the letter I am driving to the speed limit so in all fairness I have learnt my lesson! Please help!

Regards

Limahl
Logician
For the 71 you are likely to be offered a fixed penalty of £60 + 3 points. The 76 is the first speed that is likely to see a summons issued to attend court. In court you might get 6 points of a very short (c 7 days) disqualification.

What actually have you received? The first stage should be a NIP going to the registered keeper of the vehicle; it would be useful if you would complete the NIP wizard including the additional questions you get by clicking the button.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.