Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signs removed
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
KillerSteve
Hope some expert can give advice.

I went to our high street today, and there is car parking bays all the way along the one side of the street. Every 30 yards or so is a pay and display meter. However, all the poles that used to have signs on them indicating that you needed to pay at meter, no longer have signs. I looked all over and can see no signs at all mentioning that you need to pay at the meter, only on the meters themselves. Can this be correct and don't there have to be signs telling parkers that there is meters?
alloageorge
post up a photo if you get the chance
and a google maps link.
KillerSteve
Here is google map link. and it looks the same today:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...,28.01,,0,16.55

clark_kent
The bays are within a controlled 'pay and display' zone with entry signs at the boundary.
buttonpusher
CK, I can understand CPZ signs with SYL but does a sign also apply to meters and bays?
clark_kent
QUOTE (buttonpusher @ Thu, 5 May 2011 - 08:37) *
CK, I can understand CPZ signs with SYL but does a sign also apply to meters and bays?

If the 'pay and display' variant of the 663 sign is used, yes.
KillerSteve
Thanks. but I have looked further down the one way street and do not see signs at the entrance to the actual street. Or how far down do these signs have to be or can they be anywhere in the town, before entering the town, etc?

where can I find a "pay and display" variant of the 663 sign to see how it should look?
clark_kent
QUOTE (KillerSteve @ Thu, 5 May 2011 - 20:32) *
where can I find a "pay and display" variant of the 663 sign to see how it should look?

like this

KillerSteve
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Thu, 5 May 2011 - 20:55) *
QUOTE (KillerSteve @ Thu, 5 May 2011 - 20:32) *

like this

just shows, driven that rode like 10 times this year and never seen those signs, or at least remeber seeing them, lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.