Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Private Parking Notice
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
macca64
I would just like to say what a great site this is. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your advice and forums.

As you will have guessed as the registered keeper I received an official looking parking ticket from Car Parking Management, PCN Parking Services, based in Surrey. This was in a yellow and black plastic bag Stating “parking Notice Enclosed” and also “Warning it is an offence for any person other than the driver to remove this notice.” (Are they breaking the law by issuing such an official looking ticket). As I was not the driver of the vehicle I ignored this notice and latter received a standard letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors asking for £100. but also stating that “we are further advised that you have confirmed that you were the driver at the time of the contravention and under contract law payment is now due immediately.” This is a lie, as I have never been in contact with either PCN or Roxburghe. Is this just a cynical ploy to circumvent their agreement with the DVLA and their trade association to write to the registered keeper to ask who was driving. My question is Do I write a one off letter to Roxburghe stating that I was not the driver and not to contact me again as I will not reply, or just to ignore everything and have no contact with them?.
DBC
Just ignore.
Gan
Just ignore them.

Companies involved with mis-leading tickets and untrue letters won't want to go near a court.
macca64
Many thanks' I will take your advice and ignore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.