Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clamped by Equita - paid £565
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ukdeveloper
Last Thursday, came out of Jenny's Burgers to find my car clamped. (within about 2 mins of parking)

I immediately rang the clamp number to find out it had been clamped by Equita Bailiffs for an unpaid parking ticket going back to 2009.

I explained that I use the car for work (even though i was not working at the time) and my insurance covers me for business use, but they were having none of it.

In the end I had to pay them £565 to get released (made up of cash and sisters CC payment). I asked them how much the debt was BEFORE they clamped and was told as it was their "first visit" the fee was £565 before they came. Surely a parking ticket cant get to this amount can it?

They told me it should have been £700+ but were doing me a favour reducing it to £565.

I have asked Equita for a breakdown of these costs as I already know they state a bailiff has been to my house, which is totally false as there is ALWAYS someone in at my house (either my partner or babysitter) and even if the house was empty surely they should have left something through the door.

Is there anything that can be done? im willing to go down ANY route to get my money back.

Cheers

UKD.
Neil B
Things can be done - but how did this PCN get missed?/unpaid?

--
ukdeveloper
QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 23 Mar 2011 - 10:22) *
Things can be done - but how did this PCN get missed?/unpaid?

--

I think this parking ticket went round the loop. ie stat dec, then NTO not received for the SECOND time. and then I was away working for a while so post may have gone astray/gotten thrown away etc.

But I definately did not have a bailiff at my door. ever!

UKD.
Neil B
You need to be clear in your own head whether you can legally make another Witness statement. This time you will need an Out of Time declaration too.

Download TE7 and TE9 from TEC website.
ukdeveloper
QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 23 Mar 2011 - 10:44) *
You need to be clear in your own head whether you can legally make another Witness statement. This time you will need an Out of Time declaration too.

OK Im sure i can, but how does this work.... if the OOT stat dec gets rejected then a court hearing is made and I win, Equita have to refund me?

UKD
Neil B
QUOTE (ukdeveloper @ Wed, 23 Mar 2011 - 10:50) *
QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 23 Mar 2011 - 10:44) *

OK Im sure i can, but how does this work.... if the OOT stat dec gets rejected then a court hearing is made and I win, Equita have to refund me?

UKD

Well I know you can make the OOT even after payment - but getting your money back is another matter. for that you will need 'bailiffadviceonline' who know Equita only too well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.