Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speeding (ownership not correct at time )
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
sti555gf8
Hi all, I have recently come back from working in Canada, I was arrested last wk end for a speeding offence back in sept 2009. The car is question was bought in Febuary 2009 & sold in May 2009 . I sent logbook back to DVLA . Never thought about it again until 8th Sept 2009 when i had a parking ticket come through the post, i called DVLA and told them the car was no longer in my possession.

Also i tracked the car down on the nissan GTIR forum, and befriended the new owner via facebook to try to get his address to send parking fine to. I had no response .. but he did add me as a friend enabling me to view all his information . His facebook says 13th may 2009 " Got loads of bits for my new nissan sunny GTIR " time 15:50 . also there are countless pictures of the car (CLEARLY SHOWING THE REG MARK) on there all around the August time as facebook shows dates pics updated and added .

The police are very vague with details all they can say is it was caught in a 30mph zone in September 2009 .. No other details available ???

Please any help much appreciated . Im in court this Tuesday and need advice asap please .. THANKS IN ADVANCE wink.gif

AntonyMMM
You didn't get arrested for a speeding offence .... maybe "Failing to appear at court", or "Non payment of a fine" ?

Give us EXACTLY what happened, and EXACTLY what you have been charged with.

Do you still have the letter DVLA send to out when you confirm you are no longer the owner of a vehicle ?
sti555gf8
I have been arrested for failing to appear at court in 2009 ... I didnt know anything about it TBH . I never received a letter NIP from police or from DVLA with change of ownership i was buying and selling cars at the time so had lots of paperwork about . The first time i realized something was wrong was when the parking ticket came .. I called DVLA the same day and told them the car should NOT be in my name . Are the police correct in the way they are dealing with this i have no case papers i have phoned the courts they have no details nor do the police , apparently they will be sent on the day !!!

ALL DETAILS I HAVE IS NISSAN SUNNY REG K****** COMMITED A SPEEDING OFFENCE IN 2009 ALL VERBAL NO PAPERWORK AT ALL ... HAVE COURT BAIL PAPERS THATS IT ????? CAN I GET THIS THROWN OUT QUICK AS IT IS WASTING EVERYONES TIME AND IM INNOCENT ????

Pete D
What details do DVLA hold for this vehicle and what date was the vehicle taken out of your name.? Pete D
jobo
no mate you have a lot more details than that

you bought a car, nissian about what date,,, ???

and then sold it,,,, to ??

sent the new driver details off to the dvla,,,

then got a parking ticket,,, what happened about this

then went working in canada,, when ??/

did you keep your address in the uk,,

who was dealing with any post

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.