Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 46mph in a 40
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Pepe la pew
Hi all newbie on the forum but here we go.

I have a company car and received a call today from the lady who handles our vehicles for work that she has had a request to name the driver of my vehicle and she called me to give me the heads up she was giving my details which is fine since it is my vehicle, and although I don't own it it's used by me.
14 or 15 days ago I was driving down the Sheffield A57 when I got the dreaded double flash, it goes from a 50 to a 40 in this area and I was reducing speed but obviously not enough as the info I have been given is they are doing me for 46 mph in a 40 zone. I already have 3 points (SP50) from 2 years ago. My question is a) would I be offered a speed awareness course, b) should i Just accept the situation plead guilty and take it?

I have seen a 100% get off or money back Service from a company who offer to provide 3 letters that guarantee you get off with it (ukspeedcamerafine.com) but I very much doubt it's that simple anyway any advice much appreciated

Cheers
southpaw82
QUOTE (Pepe la pew @ Fri, 18 Mar 2011 - 21:19) *
I have seen a 100% get off or money back Service from a company who offer to provide 3 letters that guarantee you get off with it but I doubt it's that simple anyway any advice much appreciated

If by "it" you mean the speeding offence then, yes, they will probably get you off. However, the downside is that you'll probably end up with six points and a £500-ish fine for failure to furnish. Stay away from them.

Has your company named you yet?
Pepe la pew
Yes they said they were sending the info back today so expect to receive a letter in the post...
southpaw82
Ok. When you get your own nomination form you could write to the police asking for photos to assist you in identifying the driver. If they send them you could post them here for people to look over for errors (though they're not often wrong).

As a guide to likely penalties

Pepe la pew
OK many thanks will post when I get them through.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.