Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: court order after offering to pay installments
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
rokoko1
Hi everyone

I understand I probably shouldnt have written an appeal letter to NCP in the first place and to have just ignored my parking fine!

Anyway... got a rediculous fine for parking 10cm with one wheel over the parking bay lines after parking in a hurry. The bay was at the end and my wheel was not even taking up space in another bay!! I took a picture on my phone at the time. I spent £6.00 for 4 hours and had come back to top up 20 mins early whilst attending a free IT course to try and get myself off benefits as a single mum and into full time work again. Grrr....

Anyway, the fine was £50. I appealed within the 14 days and have copies of my letter. I said the fine was crazy and that being on low income and trying to get myself out of a short time on benefits I could not afford it. I offered to pay in installments if they continued to persue this crazy fine.

I got a letter saying they were thinking about my appeal. Then the next letter was another bill, this time for £100.

To cut a long story short, this is now with Newlyn debt collection/solicitors and is now £142!

I want to write to them in fury as I feel they are unlawfully hounding me considering I originally offered to pay installments with NCP? Is that breaking in the law on NCPs part? If so, would love to see them in court.

Thanks for your advice.
ManxRed
You need to ignore all of it.

Read the stickies at the top of this forum relating to PPCs, especially the Watchdog clip.

NCP have given you an unenforceable invoice, their charges have no basis in law. In order to try and make as many people pay as possible (not everyone knows that these charges are unenforceable) they turn down every appeal, and send threatening sounding letters, including ones from Debt Collectors and so on.

Its all designed to scare you into paying money you do not legally owe them.

From now on, you need to ignore these letters and do not contact NCP or Newlyns again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.