Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SUSSEX POLICE
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
viper
Any help appreciated.

Family friend snapped doing 36 MPH in alleged 30 MPH “zone”. Claims limit in the area is 40 MPH per hour. Had look on Google STREETMAP can’t see any signs about a 30 MPH limit and repeater further on says 40 MPH. Anyone aware of this location and it’s legality?

Told came of roundabout assumed forty limit as no signs otherwise. Clean license over 40 years - flash, flash

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...p=12,301.2,,0,5

Many Thanks
greeny81
40 repeater 40 yds before camera. May have been changed since street map. I'd go take a picture of the camera with the repeater in view if its still showing 40.
Border_Collie
PocketGPSWorld has a camera shown at that position, Centre Latitude: 50.93078 Longitude: 0.13383, as 30mph, heading 315 (Single direction). They are double checked so it appears the speed limit has changed since Google maps were in the area.
viper
Does anyone live up around this way and have current view on camera situation? It’s quite a drive down to this area from where I live but person concerned very upset with ticket 40 years clean license.
Pancras
QUOTE (viper @ Wed, 9 Mar 2011 - 23:09) *
Does anyone live up around this way and have current view on camera situation? It’s quite a drive down to this area from where I live but person concerned very upset with ticket 40 years clean license.

36 in a 30 would be almost certain to qualify for a SAC, thus enabling your friend to keep their clean licence.
The Rookie
Viper, they could resquest a copy of the TRO required to make the 40 into the alleged 30.

Take no notice of pocketGPS, several 40's round me are all on there as 30's.

Simon
viper
It's Sussex Police. Do they offer the "awareness course" and does anyone know cost?

Thanks for assistance.

Might have a look myself off week after next.

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 10 Mar 2011 - 10:23) *
Viper, they could resquest a copy of the TRO required to make the 40 into the alleged 30.

Simon

Who would I request this from Sussex Police or the local council? Wonder who that would be Eastbourne perhaps?
Border_Collie

Really?

How old is your database?

And more importantly, where did you download it from?

The OFFICIAL site updates every Wednesday and only members have access to them, ALL camera sites are checked by members or verifiers to make the database as near to 100% as is possible.
southpaw82
QUOTE (viper @ Sat, 12 Mar 2011 - 14:07) *
Who would I request this from Sussex Police or the local council? Wonder who that would be Eastbourne perhaps?

Council.
BaggieBoy
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 10 Mar 2011 - 10:23) *

If that is the case, can you post the locations and I will post requests to update the database.
Darren Griffin
I run PocketGPSworld and I'm confident that our data is correct but if you post one or more of the camera IDs that yoy claim we have the incorrect speeds for then I'm happy to investigate. Alternatively post the location of one or more and I can comment.

As corrections to speed are just one of the data points that we offer Life Memberships for, I doubt very much that our data is wrong and stand by the quality of our data.

And if we are wrong, then someone stands to get a lifetime subscription and I'll be happy to admit we were wrong.

Apols to the site mods, but as our service has been called into question I hope you don't mind my responding here.

To the OP, Viper, we have that camera recorded as 30MPH:
The Rookie
Not my kit, friends at work, not sure if he was putting the updates on or not.

Simon
viper
The Rookie is a top poster on here so no issue with that and were not questioning pocket GPS. We have a possible issue with the signage. Google Street Maps and could be the pocket if not updated (lol).

I’m going to do some further work could be worth a lifetime subscription. icon_kidra.gif

See what I find out and report back as can't seem to find anyone local enough so far.

I assume this has been put down to 30MPH and camera loaded up as a scam

Cheers
Darren Griffin
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sat, 12 Mar 2011 - 22:07) *

Hmm, your comment
Take no notice of pocketGPS, several 40's round me are all on there as 30's
carries rather less weight in light of that. It's frustrating to have our data called into question like this with no evidence. Your 'friends' database could be years old or not even a complete set (as many of the pirated copies are).

I just wanted to set the record straight but if you can't provide an example of one of the 'several 40's' that are alleged to be incorrectly recorded as 30's then I can't do so.

Viper, the data for the camera in your case is correct, that is a confirmed 30mph limit camera.
MaFt
QUOTE (viper @ Tue, 8 Mar 2011 - 18:09) *
Any help appreciated.

Family friend snapped doing 36 MPH in alleged 30 MPH “zone”. Claims limit in the area is 40 MPH per hour. Had look on Google STREETMAP can’t see any signs about a 30 MPH limit and repeater further on says 40 MPH. Anyone aware of this location and it’s legality?

Told came of roundabout assumed forty limit as no signs otherwise. Clean license over 40 years - flash, flash

Many Thanks

Hi, I'm MaFt the database admin for PocketGPSWorld. I've taken a look at the history of the camera that we have at that location and unfortunately it's not great news...

Since 2006 the speed limit was 40 but in September 2009 the speed was dropped to 30mph. Streetview launched in the UK in March 2009 so, basically, the streetview images were taken before the speed was dropped to 30.

We have a high number of users and 2 verifiers in that area so I am 100% certain that this stretch is, indeed, 30mph.

MaFt
The Rookie
QUOTE (Darren Griffin @ Sun, 13 Mar 2011 - 09:41) *
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sat, 12 Mar 2011 - 22:07) *

Hmm, your comment
Take no notice of pocketGPS, several 40's round me are all on there as 30's
carries rather less weight in light of that. It's frustrating to have our data called into question like this with no evidence. Your 'friends' database could be years old or not even a complete set (as many of the pirated copies are).

My Friend was driving I was in his car with him as he was running me home, he already has free subs to PGPS and updates regularily, unless your calling me and him a liar, your point was?

One road all three satnavs (one my Clarion POS, one a navman, not sure of the other as it was the sister in laws) I've tried and PGPS say its a 30, its been a 40 for the last 14 years

Simon
Darren Griffin
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sun, 13 Mar 2011 - 12:13) *
My Friend was driving I was in his car with him as he was running me home, he already has free subs to PGPS and updates regularily, unless your calling me and him a liar, your point was?

I am not suggesting anything of the sort. But you made the allegation that our data was incorrect and I am simply asking for more detail so I can refute it or, if I'm wrong, hold my hands up and say we made a mistake.

If you provide one or more locations then I can do that and so I'm merely asking for a little more information so we can investigate. The quality of our data is paramount to the service and my interest here is both to ensure that we are keeping our quality at the high level it is known for, and to, hopefully refute, your claim that we have bad data.

Not too much to ask is it?
RDA
The limit on this road appears to have been reduced to 30mph back in 2009. This document provides more background.

The OP may still wish to obtain a copy of the TRO itself to be completely satisifed.
viper
Been down there it is indeed 30MPH but I think possible signage issue. If you are coming from a de-restricted road into 30MPH does it have no be lit? The signs are lit on the A22 itself but not on the side road which I think is Highview Avenue on this road there is no lighting (incident did happen in evening). This road goes from derestrcited to 30MPH but would if have to be lit (i'm guessing that's not a A road?) The signage is really nasty. They have the thirty signs before a huge roundabout. There is then a small blue sign with the 30MPH and picture of a Gatso

I have some video may upload to Youtube in a while
viper
If you drive in on this road: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source....01929&z=16

The signs have been changed to 30MPH but are not lit on this road ? Any mileage in this or non - issue? The signs on main road are lit but not here and it's going from national 60MPH limit to 30MPH

So this is the B2192 maybe lighting not needed as B road?
roythebus
Look in the TSRGD (Traffic signs regulations and general directions). I believe signs on minor roads, including B roads, do not have to be illuminated, even if strret lighting is fitted.

It may be different going from a B road onto an A road, but feel free to check up.
viper
Another post from fed up Sussex resident. GO AFTER CRIMINALS!
http://crowboroughvoice.blogspot.com/2010/...-crackdown.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.