Full Version: [NIP Wizard] 35mph in a 30 zone - Suffolk
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
seands
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - February 2011
Date of the NIP: - 5 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 16 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A140 Earl Stonham
Was the NIP addressed to you? - No
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - Husband of owner
How many current points do you have? - 3
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Don't remember where or how I was spotted / snapped at all.
Sat pm. on a main road back to Norfolk, 50mph in most places, but obviously less when passing through some small towns on the way.
Just received notice now, as it has been re-directed to our new address.
Ooops, I obviously hadn't advised DVLA that we had moved house....
35mph in a 30 zone.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - No

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Do nothing!

The police are not requesting the information from you, they are requesting it from the person the NIP is addressed to.
    Wait until you receive a NIP addressed to you personally, then come back here.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 19:24:42 +0000
peterguk
Your wife (if the NIP is addressed to her) needs to complete the S.172 by naming you, signing the form, and returning towards the end of the 28 days.

You will receive your own S.172 in due course.

Post back here when you receive yours.

Pancras
35 in a 30 would qualify for SAC.
Aretnap
I'd be inclined not to wait until near the end of the 28 day period before returning the form. There's virtually no chance of a time out (which requires the NIP/s172 process to be dragged out for 6 months) and delaying things may reduce the chance of a speed awareness course being offered, depending on the local constabulary's policy.

Added: Here are Suffolk's criteria. £83.75 and an afternoon's work, but avoids points on your license. This assumes that you haven't done one in the last 3 years.
Rallyman72
Not a fixed camera, will have been a camera van.
seands
QUOTE (Aretnap @ Mon, 7 Mar 2011 - 23:05) *
I'd be inclined not to wait until near the end of the 28 day period before returning the form. There's virtually no chance of a time out (which requires the NIP/s172 process to be dragged out for 6 months) and delaying things may reduce the chance of a speed awareness course being offered, depending on the local constabulary's policy.

Added: Here are Suffolk's criteria. £83.75 and an afternoon's work, but avoids points on your license. This assumes that you haven't done one in the last 3 years.

Thanks for that.
Don't know if it makes any difference, but I will actually be leaving the country shortly (before any new NIP will arrive in my name), and will not be back in UK until end of August. What a shame !!
So I wouldn't be able to do any such safety course before then anyway.
srg
QUOTE (seands @ Sun, 13 Mar 2011 - 22:34) *
Don't know if it makes any difference, but I will actually be leaving the country shortly (before any new NIP will arrive in my name), and will not be back in UK until end of August. What a shame !!
So I wouldn't be able to do any such safety course before then anyway.

It will probably end up in court, then ....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.