Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 35mph by a 30mph Camera
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
lukeh
Hello All,

Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

Having just read the FAQ after being pointed to this site today I fear I may be to late, but thought it prudent to post just in case their is still options I can pursue.

I was driving home at approximately 10:30pm at night early Feb 2011 when a Gatso camera snapped me doing 35mph instead in a 30 mph speed limited area. I saw the flash and then looked at my Speedo which showed somewhere around 30 on the clock - I did not get a full reading as I was shocked by the fact the Camera had gone off and wanted to keep my eyes on the road.

Since then I received the letter to establish who was driving at the time which I have returned to Thames Valley Police (kicking myself now as I did not know of this forum before and that I should not act until informed).

Is there anything I could do here? Is there any headroom around 30mph?

I drove past the camera on my way to work today and it is signed with Camera warnings. To be honest I knew the Camera was there. I have driven through there so many times before and each time I have been roughly around 30mph and never been flashed. I did wonder if it was perhaps a dummy device which did not work so I became more relaxed and less vigilant, but still always kept a sensible speed around 30.

One other aspect which may be important - I already have six points from other Gastos, each time being approximately 5 to 10 mph over the speed limit.

I have never been given a speed awareness course option before - is this possible.

I don't even really mind having to pay the £60 charge - I am more annoyed that my insurance company are going to get even more money out of me. They just raised my premium this year even though I have never had an accident and just collected another years no claim bonus.

Thanks in advance all,

Luke
nemo
QUOTE (lukeh @ Tue, 1 Mar 2011 - 10:40) *
One other aspect which may be important - I already have six points from other Gastos, each time being approximately 5 to 10 mph over the speed limit.

I have never been given a speed awareness course option before - is this possible.

It's very likely, yes.
CuriousOrange
QUOTE (lukeh @ Tue, 1 Mar 2011 - 10:40) *
Since then I received the letter to establish who was driving at the time which I have returned to Thames Valley Police (kicking myself now as I did not know of this forum before and that I should not act until informed).

You'd have to have done that anyway, so I wouldn't kick yourself too hard.

It's those who mess about and don't send the form back that usually need the kicking.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.