Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: look what my neighbours have done !
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
psychochild187

i live in a unadopted road that has no owner
or if there is a owner its been so many decades no body knows who it is.

some of my neighbours think they own it and have now tried to impose a parking restriction !

have a look

i just want to know your take on it?

alloageorge
are they the type of people who would damage
your car if you parked there?
psychochild187
maybe they havent yet .
i just found this too it must be what they bought " a starter pack"

http://www.northernparkingservices.co.uk/parkingpacks.html

the company house website has their details but on the sign has an extra 0 on the front
alloageorge
even if it were enforcable
(which it isn't)
where is the car park?

call the council.tell them
neighbours are grafittiing
the road.
Bluedart
One would imagine those people are nimbies, but it is ok for them.
They are trying to say to you, "you cannot park here, but I can."

picko
Quick call to the Council should be interesting.....
hcandersen
Agreed. "Unadopted" does NOT mean it's not public highway, merely that it's not public highway maintained at public expense.

A highway is a way over which the public have a right to pass and repass and may or may not be publicly maintained.

Definitely contact the council.

HCA
jamesabbott
check there car to see if it has a permt in it. if it doesnt ring the ppc and say theres someone in the bay with out permit. they will clamp them no questions asked. then see how fast they remove the stupied bay and signs.
alloageorge
QUOTE (jamesabbott @ Sun, 27 Feb 2011 - 16:33) *
check there car to see if it has a permt in it. if it doesnt ring the ppc and say theres someone in the bay with out permit. they will clamp them no questions asked. then see how fast they remove the stupied bay and signs.

there is no clamping sign
jamesabbott
sorry ticket them
alloageorge
QUOTE (jamesabbott @ Sun, 27 Feb 2011 - 16:36) *
sorry ticket them

i'll bet the deal is that landowner applies ticket and shares
any payment with ppc
southpaw82
QUOTE (The Highways Act 1980 @ s. 132)
(1)A person who, without either the consent of the highway authority for the highway in question or an authorisation given by or under an enactment or a reasonable excuse, paints or otherwise inscribes or affixes any picture, letter, sign or other mark upon the surface of a highway or upon any tree, structure or works on or in a highway is guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding £100 or, in the case of a second or subsequent conviction under this subsection, to a fine not exceeding £200.

(2)The highway authority for a highway may, without prejudice to their powers apart from this subsection and whether or not proceedings in respect of the matter have been taken in pursuance of subsection (1) above, remove any picture, letter, sign or other mark which has, without either the consent of the authority or an authorisation given by or under an enactment, been painted or otherwise inscribed or affixed upon the surface of the highway or upon any tree, structure or works on or in the highway.
bama
perhaps this is the residence where Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzy et all have retired to ?
psychochild187
does it matter that northern parking solutions is private limited company , and company code is wrong on the sign
its not a car park
they dont have permits either,
and the best bit i parked there and no ticket after 3 hours.
they must have paid the 90 quid for the medium starter pack and i called thiere bluff.

what section of the council do i ring? i mean the road has oviously vadilised and looks terrible
ManxRed
I bet they've nicked that sign off a wall in a private carpark somewhere and are just using it as a deterrent.

The lines are pretty though.
mickR
QUOTE (psychochild187 @ Sun, 27 Feb 2011 - 19:23) *
does it matter that northern parking solutions is private limited company , and company code is wrong on the sign
its not a car park
they dont have permits either,
and the best bit i parked there and no ticket after 3 hours.
they must have paid the 90 quid for the medium starter pack and i called thiere bluff.

what section of the council do i ring? i mean the road has oviously vadilised and looks terrible

Highways dept.
psychochild187
QUOTE (ManxRed @ Sun, 27 Feb 2011 - 19:37) *
I bet they've nicked that sign off a wall in a private carpark somewhere and are just using it as a deterrent.

The lines are pretty though.

no they accualy paid for them

90 odd quid from the link above .
albert2008
when I lived in an unadopted street, my deeds stated I owned the road outside my property, but it had right of access and I had to maintain it, so check with highways who is the owner of the land, you could be surprised and find you own the land outside your property,,
mickR
my guess is that you all own the road communally (like a relative of mine) as opposed to the bit outside your house

do you pay a fee annually to maintain the road?
greasmonkey
QUOTE (Bluedart @ Sun, 27 Feb 2011 - 15:12) *
One would imagine those people are nimbies, but it is ok for them.
They are trying to say to you, "you cannot park here, but I can."
what does it say on your deeds on most unadopted road
your property boundry goes to the centre of the road and each
owner is resposable for the repairs to the road
southpaw82
Most owners where property adjoins an unadopted highway pay a maintenance charge known as frontage.
whitewing
Do they have planning permission to operate a money-making car parking operation?
psychochild187
QUOTE (whitewing @ Sun, 27 Feb 2011 - 23:20) *
Do they have planning permission to operate a money-making car parking operation?

do you need planning permission for an unadopted road?
I have wondered this before if i wanted to lower my curb for the drive.

Sirdan
So if no-one owns the road or more correctly the owner is unknown , who exactly issues the permits and on what basis ?

I suggest you print your own permit -along the lines of
"I give myself permission to park in the road I live in (insert name of road). WARNING as this vehicle is my property I expressely withold permisson for any person who does not have statutory authority to place anything in or on my vehicle by any means. If you interfere with my vehicle by placing anything in or on it you agree to pay a charge of £85 "
biggrin.gif
DJBrenton
I think you should try and get those spaces occupied all the time by people who know better than to pay up. Hopefully they'll run out of tickets quickly and realise they wasted £90.
psychochild187
i looked on land registery and got the "land charges" i think its called and title deeds .

his land is to the front garden and no further.

now i just need to find the owner of the road.
zamzara
"Parking Prohibited - Permit Holders Only"

Slightly contradictory.
hcandersen
QUOTE (psychochild187 @ Mon, 28 Feb 2011 - 13:23) *
i looked on land registery and got the "land charges" i think its called and title deeds .

Why? Why do you think ownership is the be all and end all of being able to exercise rights, or to limit the exercise of rights, over a "road". We know from footway parking and parking on private land adjoining a restricted street that everything's not as straightforward as you might think.

Contact the council first and get that issue resolved. You want to know whether it is public right of way, be that highway, footway or bridleway or whatever. And if it is, what limits that places on the owner (either 's or s') rights to permit or prohibit parking.

HCA
rtho782
Hmmmmm.....

100% refund and £10 for every ticket I issue.....

I'm tempted to buy one of these packs, issue myself loads of tickets, and reap £10 each from Northern Parking Services...?
jamesabbott
QUOTE (rtho782 @ Mon, 28 Feb 2011 - 19:54) *
Hmmmmm.....

100% refund and £10 for every ticket I issue.....

I'm tempted to buy one of these packs, issue myself loads of tickets, and reap £10 each from Northern Parking Services...?

your right it doesnt say £10 once there paid just issued. we could all have abit of fun with these lot
psychochild187
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Mon, 28 Feb 2011 - 17:41) *

Why? Why do you think ownership is the be all and end all of being able to exercise rights, or to limit the exercise of rights, over a "road". We know from footway parking and parking on private land adjoining a restricted street that everything's not as straightforward as you might think.

Contact the council first and get that issue resolved. You want to know whether it is public right of way, be that highway, footway or bridleway or whatever. And if it is, what limits that places on the owner (either 's or s') rights to permit or prohibit parking.

HCA

i didnt think if he owned it then he could stop me.
i have always thought it was highway and public access.
but i just got the title deeds to prove him not being the owner means he does not have the owners permission to do it.
thats my take on it anyway,.
your very right its never as straight forward as first seams.

plus my mums friend from teh brighton council in parking department, said. "hmm there are hatched lines inside them , that means they can park there either " quite amusing how many mistakes a group of 8 induviduals can make.

jamesabbott
have you spoken to any one from the highways department yet? parking deparment have nothing to do with it.
DancingDad
QUOTE (psychochild187 @ Tue, 1 Mar 2011 - 08:32) *
............plus my mums friend from teh brighton council in parking department, said. "hmm there are hatched lines inside them , that means they can park there either " quite amusing how many mistakes a group of 8 induviduals can make.

Not sure what that last bit meant but is indicative of Brighton Parking dept.
Either the road is public highway and signs only have an effect if lawfully placed in respect of a lawful traffic order...and are graffiti and vandalism if not.
Or the road is private and whatever signs are placed have whatever effect the owner wants but would still need to be justified in a court if it came to it
hcandersen
QUOTE (psychochild187 @ Tue, 1 Mar 2011 - 08:32) *
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Mon, 28 Feb 2011 - 17:41) *

HCA

i didnt think if he owned it then he could stop me.
i have always thought it was highway and public access.
but i just got the title deeds to prove him not being the owner means he does not have the owners permission to do it.
thats my take on it anyway,.
your very right its never as straight forward as first seams.

plus my mums friend from teh brighton council in parking department, said. "hmm there are hatched lines inside them , that means they can park there either " quite amusing how many mistakes a group of 8 induviduals can make.

"My mum's friend.." what a recipe for disaster. If you want to avoid making the obvious enquiry at the council then I can't contribute - you're obviously happy to work with anecdote, received wisdom and hearsay. Best of luck.

HCA
Gan
So are you saying that your neighbours have painted the highway and put up their own parking signs to issue tickets ?

If the council isn't interested the tax office could be.

The information is interesting but if you're going to treat this matter seriously you need to contact a named officer, not deal second-hand with your "mum's friend".
psychochild187
mums friend is a different bough council to the one we live in. i am in a parking dispute with my local council and they would not assist even if i wanted them to
one because it being private
i have spoke to the police and they are not concerned
highways are not either.

if they issue a tickt it will go further very quickly but they must just be trying to scare munger me and others.

just ned to find the owner .

is a private road. still a highway.? in the sence to car insurance and road vandelism type things
hcandersen
QUOTE (psychochild187 @ Tue, 1 Mar 2011 - 09:47) *
mums friend is a different bough council to the one we live in. i am in a parking dispute with my local council and they would not assist even if i wanted them to
highways are not either.

if they issue a tickt it will go further very quickly but they must just be trying to scare munger me and others.

just ned to find the owner .

is a private road. still a highway.? in the sence to car insurance and road vandelism type things

You don't speak to, you write to as this requires a full, considered and accurate response.

HCA
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (psychochild187 @ Tue, 1 Mar 2011 - 09:47) *
highways are not either.

just need to find the owner .

To repeat what has already been said, you do not need to find the owner.

I would just send your pics to the local paper, personally, with a jokey letter (not sent in complaining mode and use another name if you like). Ask the paper to show their readers how someone has been 'crayoning pointless unenforceable lines on the public highway' and could they please ask the Council why they are not interested, you think it would make an interesting story. Email it to one of the local 'journalists', look for their contact details on a similar random news story in this week's rag.

Or just write to the Highways Dept with your pictures, use a relative's name if you really think the Highways Dept have your card marked but why on earth would they? Your parking dispute isn't with the Highways Dept.
psychochild187
no no no . ! i might be missleading you on my point.

mums friend doesnt mean anything in this. it was just her comment that was amusing that a bay shoulnt have yellow lines through it. (if it was official )

im trying in get it in my head clearly who does what . and how the law works.

from what i have read and have been told .
the land is owned and is private.
pulbic have access as a highway to pass and repass
the council are responcible for the street lighting and thats about it.
the highways said it was listed as "P" for private.
and land registary said they have not got it registered
so basicly somebody owns it . its nothing to do with the council or the neighbours
and the police say its civil
it is vandilism but of private property not public property so they will not do anything. unless the owner reports it.

i just want to know how to force the neighbours to get rid of the lines as its just embaressing

also i have sent the pics to the local paper in a jokey way already .. its good to know somebody else thinks thats a good idea.

Or am i wrong. and i can report vandilism of a highway/public property?
if so i dont understand in what i need to report it as. and who i take it up with ?
SchoolRunMum
Have you been phoning the Highways Dept?

Instead, write to them and see what the written reply is. Post their reply here and copy in the local paper again, badger them.

Meanwhile maybe someone with a penchant for graffiti may be passing soon? Banksy?
watsits
Your local environmental services tend to deal with Graffiti the fines are quite steep, if I recall, it's up to £5000 and is a criminal offence biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.