Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 45 in a 30 zone !
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
yourvibes
hi there,,hope someone may be able to help. . . i know its easy to say i wasnt speeding, , but on this occasion i wasnt. . . and i would like some thoughts on the photo. . .it has no registered speed on it and the secound photo is exactly the same. . time etc , ,, would just like some thoughts pls , i have said i was the driver but the speed they said i was doing was definetly wrong. . . lti 2020

Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - Yes
Although you are not the Registered Keeper, were you the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

i have looked up about time intervals between photos and came up with 0.3 of a secound between shots. . if this is so , and my supossed speed of 45 means i had travelled approx 22 feet between shots so this would have put me behind the other car !!! i think !!! but any ideas would be good.. .. or would this be a video from the beginning
peterguk
Start by filling out the NIP Wizard so we have all the info.

IMHO, the "ping" looks pretty good. The pictures are stills of a DVD session, aand do not have to show your speed.
BaggieBoy
Not sure how you can say the "ping" is pretty good, there is no speed indicated and so this is probably before the "ping" actually occured. We would need to see the stills at the point the speed was actually calculated.
Pete D
Have you edited that photo or do you have one that has an * -XX speed and underneath the Range. That is the Ping that measured your speed, it have nothing to do with the time between the stills. Pete D
Kickaha
The top of that picture is distorted and seems to have obscured the top line of info.
Pete D
That is digitally encoded information. Pete D
roadrunner 163
Scammers usually record on DVD the incident. these are probably stills used assist in the identification of the driver (although you have named yourself so i assume they came out with the NIP.)
the actual coverage may well be much more obvious if the DVD was watched.

Not sure if you have come across this but its a handy tool to put into real terms the magistrates guide lines for speeding offences and will help you deicide if you want to fight it or damage limitation.
yourvibes
hi there.. both pictures are exactly, identicaly the same with no speed indicated or distance etc but they stated in the letter
that i was travelling at 45 mph .they sent me a conditional offer which i did not respond and ive got another request prior to
a summons....
peterguk
QUOTE (yourvibes @ Mon, 28 Feb 2011 - 00:37) *
hi there.. both pictures are exactly, identicaly the same with no speed indicated or distance etc but they stated in the letter
that i was travelling at 45 mph .they sent me a conditional offer which i did not respond and ive got another request prior to
a summons....

Well since you're not entitled to any evidence before making a formal not guilty plea, you have two choices:

1) Accept FPN.

2) Ignore and await summons.

Without a defence, (2) will cost much more than (1) in £s, and likely more in points too.
yourvibes
This may or may not be a good idea. . . . im due in court in a weeks time. yes you guessed for speeding.. i have the officers statement recording qualifications etc with lasers, setup etc . . . . . his statement says nothing about him forming or having a prior opinion so would this mean it was discrimination... would or could this be something to mention in court. . . . any opinions would be appreciated
peterguk
QUOTE (yourvibes @ Thu, 12 May 2011 - 01:49) *
This may or may not be a good idea. . . . im due in court in a weeks time. yes you guessed for speeding.. i have the officers statement recording qualifications etc with lasers, setup etc . . . . . his statement says nothing about him forming or having a prior opinion so would this mean it was discrimination... would or could this be something to mention in court. . . . any opinions would be appreciated

Linked to this thread by any chance?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=59530&hl=

A mod will merge.
roadrunner 163
Have you entered a plea or requested the evidence pack?

You could; based on the lack of documented evidence allude to the fact that the scammer was shooting everything that moved so was not forming the prior opinion.

Requesting the full DVD converge of his enforcement may show that he shoots everything that moves without discrimination, that could strengthen your case or may blow your case up if every / most cars he shot were speeding.
As i mentioned in previous topic, the scammer does not always have to be correct just has to have an opinion, so a few cars doing less will not win your case but a series of them consistently under may.

You can also ask that they be called as a witness for cross examination and then ask them how they formed the opinion of excess speed? It should in theory have some resemblance to the DVD coverage.

its thin, very thin but if you have the time and resources then i would be tempted. I think someone else on here tried something similar but I don't know how they got on.
Logician
I think Mr Loophole had a success by getting the whole DVD session, which showed obviously indiscriminate shooting, including some joggers!
yourvibes
hi there ... .. yes ive requested the full video plus setup etc.... !! me not guilty until proven so !!. . probably expensive tho !!
hopefully i should have the vid in a couple of days. . . . . nd thnx for replies
peterguk
QUOTE (yourvibes @ Thu, 12 May 2011 - 20:02) *
yes ive requested the full video

Don't hold your breath - more chance of them handing over the Holy Grail.
yourvibes
Hi again. . . my case has just been adjourned for a month..... dont know for what reason and i still havent recieved any evidence. . ....... should i request this again .... thanks in advance
Glacier2
Keep at them for the full session video.
The Rookie
Your plea was eneterd at the first hearing, so ne request for evidence would have been considered until after that point, however much in advance you posted it!

Have you just requested the evidence or have you made a defence statement justifying it, usually best to ask for just the section with your car and then use any discrepancies to justify asking for more.

Simon
yourvibes
ok thanks. . . . will request it again. . . . . . i pleaded n.g in april. . case then adjourned till may ( recieved new summons in post ). . ., , ,, then yesterday ( 1 day before hearing !! ) i recieved a new summons saying it had been adjourned again till june. . . . . . ps. . still no evidence recieved either sad.gif . . . . . . and many thanks again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.