Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this a legal ticket?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
TheseWordsAreMyOwN
I know that if a vehicle is parked on the footway adjacent to a pedestrian crossing (marked by zig-zags) then the vehicle cannot be issued to on a code 99 (Stopped on a pedestrian crossing and/or crossing area marked by zig-zags).

However, I was wondering, if there are double yellow lines running at either end of the pedestrian crossing, then could the vehicle be booked on a code 01 (Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours) or would that be an illegal ticket as the vehcile is not parked on, or adjacent to, the double yellow lines themselves.

Your thoughts on this scenario would be most appreciated.
DancingDad
Post the PCN please
Bogsy
Yellow lines apply to a side of road where they are marked so any carriagway, footway, verge parallel to them is restricted. They do not restrict land beyond their length. So strictly speaking, if you parked parallel to zig zags, any yellow lines either end of the zig zags would not apply to your vehicle. If in London though you could be penalised for footway parking or outside London, by the police for obstruction (Police can do this in London too).
Neil B
QUOTE (TheseWordsAreMyOwN @ Tue, 15 Feb 2011 - 18:28) *
I know that if a vehicle is parked on the footway adjacent to a pedestrian crossing (marked by zig-zags) then the vehicle cannot be issued to on a code 99 (Stopped on a pedestrian crossing and/or crossing area marked by zig-zags).

Really? Where did you get that from? Whether the restriction is zigs or a YL it generally applies to the whole of the highway.

The idea of someone parking on a footway adjacent zigs is surely ludicrous given the obvious obscuring of pedestrians?

Is this theory or something that happened?
TheseWordsAreMyOwN
QUOTE (Bogsy @ Tue, 15 Feb 2011 - 19:13) *
Yellow lines apply to a side of road where they are marked so any carriagway, footway, verge parallel to them is restricted. They do not restrict land beyond their length. So strictly speaking, if you parked parallel to zig zags, any yellow lines either end of the zig zags would not apply to your vehicle. If in London though you could be penalised for footway parking or outside London, by the police for obstruction (Police can do this in London too).

Thank you Bogsy, that is exactly what I thought. I work as a Civil Enforcement Officer (please don't shoot me) and was in a heated debate with someone I know regarding this matter. I told them that it was not enforceable on a code 01 and was after some clarification. Thanks again.
Bogsy
QUOTE (TheseWordsAreMyOwN @ Tue, 15 Feb 2011 - 19:35) *
QUOTE (Bogsy @ Tue, 15 Feb 2011 - 19:13) *

Thank you Bogsy, that is exactly what I thought. I work as a Civil Enforcement Officer (please don't shoot me) and was in a heated debate with someone I know regarding this matter. I told them that it was not enforceable on a code 01 and was after some clarification. Thanks again.

It's refreshing to see that there are conscientious CEO's out there, you are to be applauded for taking an interest in the laws you enforce rather than just assuming as your colleague did. Stick around, your input will be welcome.
bama
seconded
Neil B
I refer to the Adjudicator's point 16 and stand fully corrected!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.