Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking ticket on hospital grounds
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
naz101
Hi guys,

Im hoping someone can give me a bit of advice. Im new here so Im sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.
I am based at a hospital in Scotland where the car park is free for however long you are there.
However, I also have to travel to another hospital which has a 4 hr rule, which is bad for me as when I am there I need to spend more than 4 hrs at a time. I am not entitled to a parking permit as I am not a permanent member of staff.

Today after being told by a member of staff, I stupidly parked in the temp staff car park, stating I am a locum and was told to park here.
I now have a £20 parking ticket as it doesnt matter what I was told,, no parking permit was visible.
When I questionned what I should do as the operations I perform can take much longer than 4 hrs, I was told they do not cater for people like me so I need to take my chances.

the ticket has been issued by C P Limited. They have stated no parking permit was visible.

I was wondering what power the company has for enforcing these tickets? I am aware than many staff members simple bin the tickets, receive a soliciters letter and bin that. For many it has been more than a year since they heard anything. I do not have the name of the company infront of me at the moment

Can the company legally go and chase you for the money? I am wondering if i should just pay it this time then in future say no to operating on people who need it as I will get fined for being there.
alloageorge
advice here is also to bin it.check the sticky for ppc
cabbyman
NO Don't bin it.....File it.

When dealing with "tickets" from private parking companies (PPCs) our advice is to ignore them. For more information about this recommendation and private parking companies, click this link.
alloageorge
yes better answer.
file it.sorry.
Gan
Ignore them and agree with previous advice to always file any document that could one day be relevant to an alleged debt even if legal action by CP is very unlikely.

Private companies cannot issue fines.

Enceladus
This takes the biscuit. If you were operating on me I would not want you fretting or fuming about an unwarranted parking charge. Complain to the Hospital CEO and put that to him/her, if you have the time or inclination.
emanresu
Find out if any of the Trust board have their own designated parking space - usually the one that's patrolled. Then report them to HMRC for [likley] not paying for the benefit-in-kind.

If you've got to pay, why not them.
naz101
thank you eveyone for all of your replies.
It is infuriating when management care so little for everyone else.

I will not pay the ticket but will make sure I keep hold of all the documentation.

Thanks again!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.