Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mobile Camera Issues
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Mike Strutter
Hi,

I have recently had a NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone.

Absolutely no excuse but my issue was with the positioning of the mobile camera van.

West Yorkshire police state that all their mobile vans should be highly visible as to alert motorists and that they do not operate covertly.

On my occasion the van has snapped me coming off a bend from a 40 zone into the 30 zone and the only time I saw the van was when I had already been snapped. In my opinion the van was not visible as it was targetting cars exiting a slight bend where the van would be out of the drivers sight on entering the bend.

My other annoyance is that the van was parked on the opposite side of the road facing oncoming traffic, ie the wrong way with its back doors open facing me. Can they actually do that ? I always thought it was an offence to park on the wrong side of the road ?

Anyway I've sent it off as I can't deny doing the 37mph, just a tad annoyed in how they positioned the camera.

Thanks
peterguk
QUOTE (Mike Strutter @ Wed, 12 Jan 2011 - 23:49) *
Can they actually do that ?

Yes.
Logician
You may be offered a speed awareness course for that speed, which would cost time and money but avoid any points. The positioning or visibility of the van affords you no defence.
JSB1
QUOTE (Mike Strutter @ Wed, 12 Jan 2011 - 23:49) *
West Yorkshire police state that all their mobile vans should be highly visible as to alert motorists and that they do not operate covertly.

laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.