Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Ticket in M/C Permit Only
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
sqirrelfish79
In RBKC Lo ndon. parked motorcycle in a bay. There were boxes on the road covering the writing. I saw M/C and" only" at the end. I assumed that it read "M/C Solos Only"" as wording to that effect is normally on a motorcycle parking bay. I didn't even know that there were Permit Only bays for motorcycles. I was ticketed. I couldn't believe it, the boxes had gone and i saw M/C Permits Only. A resident who was passing said he thought that some wardens were covering up the wording and then giving tickets as he saw many tickets being given. I wrote to the council with photos that i had taken when i parked(i always take photos whenever, wherever i park) My challenge was refused. Apparently only the wording on the road is required. Council sent photos which do not show boxes covering the wording.
Council not able to comment on my photos as they were not timed or dated.( I was using a new phone which had not been set up with date etc.)

Do i have any case against being ticketed on the grounds that the wording on the road was covered up? Thanks for any help you can give me. I only have 2 days left to pay at the reduced price of £60.

dave-o
Show the PCN.
buttonpusher
The placement of the rubbish looks deliberate. I think I would have been inclined to look to see what was under.
sqirrelfish79
QUOTE (buttonpusher @ Mon, 10 Jan 2011 - 11:57) *
The placement of the rubbish looks deliberate. I think I would have been inclined to look to see what was under.

In retrospect that would have been wise but i was in a hurry and didn't know about permit only bays for M/C's so just parked away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.