Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caught speeding, pending court. Caught again and then again before court?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Anjibaby
Hi

My lad had 10 points and then got caught speeding by a camera. He was waiting for his court date and got caught again by another camera. Whilst waiting for that and the court date to come through, he has been done again by a mobile van.

He pleaded guilty by post for the first one but they adjourned and told him they want him present in January.

All three 'events' are in different counties but where will this leave him in the way of bans, points and could he end up in jail?

Many thanks
Worried mum!
southpaw82
If he accrues 12 or more points he will be banned for a period of six months. This period can be reduced (to zero) if he can demonstrate that a ban would cause exceptional hardship. No, he can't go to prison (unless he doesn't pay his fines).

By the sounds of it a ban will probably do him some good.
Anjibaby
I agree! Will he have to take both his bike and car tests again? The points were on his motorbike.
southpaw82
I presume he's had a full licence for more than two years if he's already on 10 points. Following a ban he will not have to take any tests again unless ordered to do so by the court. The situation is different if he's held a full licence for less than two years.
jobo
no, not unless he is in his first two years of being qualified, which seems unlikely as he has managed to get to 10 points
Anjibaby
Thank you. On top of this he will be punished by the Royal Navy so I hope it will teach him to slow down.

Thank you. On top of this he will be punished by the Royal Navy so I hope it will teach him to slow down.
Logician
He should try to get all matters dealt with by one court, or he might find himself having to attend three different ones.
southpaw82
He should go and talk to a senior he trusts and/or the welfare officer. He could well be facing administrative action under the RN equivalent of AGAI 74.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.