Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Appealed to council tow - how long for a reply
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
john90
Hi, we have appealed to a Brent council tow on 10/10/10. The appeal letter was sent to the council by royal mail special delivery on Monday 25th October.

I've seperated this from my original posts as I just have a few general question that I would be greatful of some help with please

1) I believe the council have 56 days to reply to my appeal and not 56 "working days", am I correct ?

2) Should I have recieved some sort of acknowlegment from the council by now ?

3) if I hear nothing from the council before the 56 days is up, would that automatically invalidate the pcn & tow and entitle us to our £260 back ?

Many thanks for your time folks

John.
dave-o
1) Yes

2) No. If you have a delivery receipt than that's fine

3) It should do, yes.
Gan
Reading between the lines, you weren't planning to remind them.

john90
no, i had no intention of reminding them. I was wondering if they had a way out if they said they didn't receive my appeal - even though i have the post office reciept from my special delivery -

thanks for your help

John.
dave-o
I think you would have received a Charge Certificate by now if they were going to say they hadn't received it.
spaceman
QUOTE (dave-o @ Tue, 7 Dec 2010 - 16:41) *
I think you would have received a Charge Certificate by now if they were going to say they hadn't received it.

Probably not, as I presume the OP paid the penalty charge at the discount rate when paying to release the vehicle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.