Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Offence
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
mandie654
Hey Guys,

I was caught last Friday doing 75mph on a 60mph road (A141 Warboys to Chatteris), and was wondering what would be the likely outcome for a first offence and how long it is likely to take.

I'm in the RAF and am being sent to the Falklands in February for 4 months so am a little anxious it won't be settled in time.
Am also concerned that I am being sent on a HGV course before I go, and therefore may not have my license in my possession when needed!!

Any assistance will be appreciated xxx
jobo
3 points and 60 quid, usualy

when you say caught, do you mean pulled over or flashed, had you had any notice of the offence,

mandie654
I received a letter through the post and had to return it to a safety camera unit in Huntingdon, even though I saw no camera.

My odometer is still in kilometres as I imported my car from Cyprus in June, so to be honest have no idea of the exact speed. I didn't want to admit this as I'm not sure if that is an offence in itself??

peterguk
QUOTE (mandie654 @ Wed, 24 Nov 2010 - 22:09) *
My odometer is still in kilometres as I imported my car from Cyprus in June, so to be honest have no idea of the exact speed. I didn't want to admit this as I'm not sure if that is an offence in itself??

Did the car not require an SVA test on import?
Logician
I suggest you stick a sliver of coloured tape on your speedo on 32,48,64,80 96 112 KPH, which is the equivqlent to 20,30,40,50,60,70 mph, but get it changed when you can.
mandie654
Peter,

SVA not required as the vehicle was 10 years old. All that was required was a rear fog light in order to pass a full UK MOT.

Logician,

I already have the parts for the conversion, just waiting for my mechanic buddy to install it .
The Rookie
Or just learn the conversion, that is how my wife drove her Import for 5 years!

Simon
peterguk
QUOTE (mandie654 @ Wed, 24 Nov 2010 - 22:44) *
Peter,

SVA not required as the vehicle was 10 years old. All that was required was a rear fog light in order to pass a full UK MOT.

Should have been converted on import:

Motor Vehicles (Con & Use) Regs, 1986 Reg 35

Motor Vehicle shall be fitted with a speedometer which, if the vehicle was first used on or after 1.4.1984, shall be capable of indicating speed in BOTH miles per hour and kilometers per hour...
spanner345
QUOTE (peterguk @ Thu, 25 Nov 2010 - 12:57) *
QUOTE (mandie654 @ Wed, 24 Nov 2010 - 22:44) *
Peter,

Should have been converted on import:

Motor Vehicles (Con & Use) Regs, 1986 Reg 35

Motor Vehicle shall be fitted with a speedometer which, if the vehicle was first used on or after 1.4.1984, shall be capable of indicating speed in BOTH miles per hour and kilometers per hour...

A speedo is not required for mot, miles kilothings or anything.
southpaw82
It might not be required for the MoT but the MoT is not the law.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.