Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking ticket with incorrect payment information
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
vonspurter
Hi,

I had a parking ticket the other day which when I removed it left a huge patch of sticker on my windscreen which wouldn't budge, plus I thought 'that's ruined the RainX now I'll have to buy another bottle' is this not criminal damage for goodness sake?

Anyway, the reverse of the ticket (issued by a council) stated that I could pay the fine by phone, in person or on the internet. I won't pay by phone, I live 400 miles away from the 'offence' so I elected to pay on the internet. I went to the council website address on the ticket but I couldn't find anywhere to pay it - in frustration I emailed support and they replied that there is no facility to pay the fine online and that the information on the ticket is wrong. Any loophole I could use here to wiggle my way out of this one?
DancingDad
Possibly
And possibly some more errors

Post the PCN and lets see whats wot.
See how to post pics in the stickies
Watcher
And for your further information there is a frim called "Lakeland" (you'll find it via Google) who sell household products - one of which is called "Sticky Stuff Remover" (honest) and it really does, you might have to wash your screen (its a bit oily) but I'd be surprised if it didn't shift the muck wink.gif
vonspurter
The PCN is official. The web address on the ticket is the council official website and where the reply came from stating that they haven't got a system for online parking payment and that the information on the ticket is incorrect. I thought on this premise, the council is knowingly issuing fines with incorrect information on it - so why the hell should I trust ANY of the information on it?
Umtyman
QUOTE (vonspurter @ Tue, 23 Nov 2010 - 15:14) *
I had a parking ticket the other day which when I removed it left a huge patch of sticker on my windscreen which wouldn't budge, plus I thought 'that's ruined the RainX now I'll have to buy another bottle' is this not criminal damage for goodness sake?

Had this myself with central ticketing. To complain of criminal damage would you identify yourself as the driver?

Windowlene worked for me!
vonspurter
So the way to go is ignore the letters or state I don't know who the driver was?
dave-o
QUOTE (Umtyman @ Tue, 23 Nov 2010 - 15:47) *
QUOTE (vonspurter @ Tue, 23 Nov 2010 - 15:14) *

Had this myself with central ticketing. To complain of criminal damage would you identify yourself as the driver?

This is a council ticket, apparently, so the identity of the driver is not really a big issue.

QUOTE (vonspurter @ Tue, 23 Nov 2010 - 16:01) *
So the way to go is ignore the letters or state I don't know who the driver was?

Eh? As stated above you need to appeal it. Show us the PCN for starters.
ManxRed
QUOTE (vonspurter @ Tue, 23 Nov 2010 - 16:01) *

NO!!

That's the advice for private tickets from private parking companies.

Ignoring tickets from councils or the police is a road to a whole world of pain.

I would advise scanning all sides of the ticket and posting it up here (with your personal details obscured).
bama
TRO may be worth a peek as well.
it probably says 'in the manner and form described on the PCN'....

first post up the PCN - ALL of if it minus your personal details.

use tinypic website to host the images please
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autoco...ticle&id=16
Bagshot
White spirit works every time. How the hell did you get them to use the sticky strips? They normally like to leave PCNs to blow away in the wind so they can go straight to NtO and the double money game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.