Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 61 in a 50 - NIP received
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
DodgeT
I'm here again, with an addition to my current woes... (following on from DWDCA thread)

week before last, was returning to my girlfriends house, via a different route than i normally take.
Pull onto the dual carriageway, see a camera van parked up, so stick to 60mph, I drive the same road every day, but a different section literally half a mile up the road, so rarely drive this section.

Anyways, sticking to 60 like a good boy, then as I get closer to the van, a sign is visible stating 50.

Hit the braks, but of course too late by this time.

So, I know I've done wrong, must of missed the earlier signs, there is some there - I went back to check.

With the NIP i received, there is an FAQ etc letter, and it states that Greater Manch Police value the use of SAC's as opposed to prosecution, but there is no gaurantee you'll get offered it.

So, i'm thinking to reply to the NIP, with a lettr explaining the above and asking if I could be considered for the SAC as opposed to prosecution.

What do you think are my chances?

Thanks in advance.

ps. I drive about 30k a year (and have a clean license) and can't believe the bad luck i've had with these 2 incidents this year.
jobo
at that speed its 3 points, you may get the saws, GMP are very free with them, even allowing you to do them on line, the normal range is 10% plus 6 which equals 61 ?
DodgeT
QUOTE (jobo @ Sun, 21 Nov 2010 - 13:01) *
at that speed its 3 points, you may get the saws, GMP are very free with them, even allowing you to do them on line, the normal range is 10% plus 6 which equals 61 ?

Sorry, being dumb here - saws? And do you mean i'll still get the 3 points anyway?

Don't know if its of any relevance, but there is no speed camera signs on the approach to and the section of road on which I got done.

The limit has only recently been changed, as my sat nav has the limit at 60, and google street maps still shows 60 signs.

jobo
speed awareness course, so no,,, no 3 points if offered

its either a 50 limit, properly signed or its not, it matters not what google says, are there TWO terminal( bigish) signes saying you are now entering a 50 limit ?
DodgeT
Thanks Jobo.

Only reason i referenced google was to say that it used to be a 60 until quite recently. There are 50 signs on the junction as you enter. The bit i joined on is a really strange filter section, i must of completely missed them.

Just hoping as they will offer me the course.
jobo
might be worth checking if the signs are obscured, miss leading in any way, its a long shot, but as you are its worth adrive and some pics taken whilst your not driving
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.