Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pls help- parking on council land, enforced by private company?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
billy_boy_2009
Hi Everyone,

A few months ago i entered a local business park (which is run by the council) and tried to pay for parking. However- the machine was not working- so i left a note in the window saying it was broken.

When i returned- i had been given a ticket.

The company enfocing the tickets is a private company, called Premier Parking Solutions.

I appealed to their appeal company, called Valley Enforcement.

My appeal was rejected. The end of the letter stated "as this charge is no longer without company please contact CCS Collect for further correspondance".

By the above- do they mean i have admitted driving the vechicle? In the letter- i didn't say this- i was careful not to admit that i was the driver.

1 Month later i have now recieved a letter threatening bayliffs and/or legal action by "CCS Collect".

Where do i stand legally? Should i ignore all letters? Or just write to them saying i was not the driver- and i am under no obligation to say i was?"

Or, as its council property- am i legally required to disclose and pay?

Any advice would be great thanks guys.
Gan
If the appeal was to the company, it's a PPC "invoice" not a genuine council ticket.

Premier, Valley and CCS are all very well known here. You are under no obligation to reply so from now on ignore them.

Check out the sticky section of the forum to see example of typical letter chains so you know what to expect.

Don't ever consider writing to say you weren't the driver unless it's true. The almost unique example of a driver losing in court came about because he played this game and was punished by the judge.

Court cases are very rare because PPC tickets have no legal basis. Even the chairman of their trade association admitted this when he gave evidence to Parliament.

billy_boy_2009
QUOTE (Gan @ Sat, 20 Nov 2010 - 18:30) *
If the appeal was to the company, it's a PPC "invoice" not a genuine council ticket.

Premier, Valley and CCS are all very well known here. You are under no obligation to reply so from now on ignore them.

Check out the sticky section of the forum to see example of typical letter chains so you know what to expect.

Don't ever consider writing to say you weren't the driver unless it's true. The almost unique example of a driver losing in court came about because he played this game and was punished by the judge.

Court cases are very rare because PPC tickets have no legal basis. Even the chairman of their trade association admitted this when he gave evidence to Parliament.

Thanks for the reply smile.gif

So- as they are privately enforced (even though they were patrolling private grounds)- i am under no obligation to reply?

Had a look at the sticky http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803 but none of the above seem to be listed :S
strollingplayer
The council have powers to enforce their car parks. If they don't want to use them, that's their problem, not yours.
bossman
QUOTE (billy_boy_2009 @ Sat, 20 Nov 2010 - 19:38) *
Thanks for the reply smile.gif

So- as they are privately enforced (even though they were patrolling private grounds)- i am under no obligation to reply?

Had a look at the sticky http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803 but none of the above seem to be listed :S

If you go back there and check out G24 ltd they use CCS so you can see the type of letter you will receive.

I know from experience (Thanks Guys) that the help given on here is solid and the letters will stop.

Ever since I was helped I visit here regularly to see if I can offer any help – no matter how little it is.
billy_boy_2009
wow- thank you so much guys!

Cant believe they can get away with such bullying tactics though- shouldn't be allowed!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.