Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could I get a ticket?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
edinburghlass
Behind my work in Edinburgh there is pay and display but its always full by 8.30am and I cant get in before then to get a space. There is also a residential street which has signs up saying private parking on the walls but no cars are ever there during the day. Would I get a ticket if I parked here? Theres isnt any signs saying permit holders only and no lines or bays. There is definately no pay and display.

Any advice would be greatful.

Thanks xx

dave-o
Yuo may get a ticket, and it would be an "ignore" one, but it's the clamping/towing that you need to worry about.
edinburghlass
thanks for reply-ing but I thought clamping was illegal in Scotland? xx

PRg
Perhaps you could show us a link on Google Streetview?
strollingplayer
I would think that we're all in agreement that the lawfulness or otherwise of your parking will have no bearing on whether or not you get any kind of ticket, given that both public and private operations will happily issue PCNs and toilet paper invoices respectively even if you have done nothing wrong.
dave-o
QUOTE (edinburghlass @ Sat, 20 Nov 2010 - 10:46) *
thanks for reply-ing but I thought clamping was illegal in Scotland? xx

Oh yes.... Doh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.