Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small "Collision" - reported
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
dawmdt
My first time posting a "case" on PPP ohmy.gif

On Saturday morning, I was driving down a long road near where I live with lots of narrow gaps due to cars parked on both sides. At one such gap, about 10 car lengths long, the oncoming car decided to enter the narrow section I was driving along (I was about 80% of my way along it). I braked and stopped my car. She then proceeded (there was clearly not enough space) and clipped my wing-mirror. I pulled over at the end of the narrow section and she did the same going the other way.

I was about to get out of the car and she suddenly pulled out and drove away. Unfortunately I didn't get the reg.

She was alone in her car, my wife was the passenger in mine. There was no damage to my car, I cannot be certain there would be any to hers or not, but I assume it's unlikely. Normally I wouldn't bother reporting such a minor incident, but I've read too many stories on here when people didn't and then the other person did and they got themselves in all sorts of trouble.

I immediately telephoned the police (non-emergency number of course) to report it (being aware of the "24 hour or sooner" rule) who advised me I had to do so directly at a police station. I had some appointments that morning so I continued with them and went to my local police station about 13:00ish (which is also the first time I passed any police station that day). The people manning the desk (I think my local station is manned by volunteers) gave me a form to fill in and they told me to go away and fill it in and drop it in on Monday as they were closing in half an hour or so. I queried waiting until Monday due to the 24 hour rule and they assured me it would be fine and I should date the form and witness statement etc for that day (the Saturday). My wife was with me throughout this conversation.

The form was duly delivered on Monday (by somebody else in my family as I had to go to work).

My question is, have I met all the requirements for reporting?
The Rookie
yes
EV1
You have indeed. It's also nice to hear that you went and did it as most people don't bother and then the other person reports it and all goes down hill from there.
glasgow_bhoy
Shame you never got her regi plate would be nice seeing people like her done for failing to stop and dwdca (only dwdca to throw the book at her for not stopping)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.