Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 101mph Speeding offence - PLEASE HELP ME
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
G
1. The offence was in Englansd on the M25 motorway.

2. The Constabulary was Surrey Traffic police

3. I was caught speeding on Saturday 07/05/05 at 1.30AM on the M25

4. Have not yet recieved a NIP, was pulled over at roadside by uniformed traffic police.

5. Have not yet recieved a NIP

6. Have not yet recieved a NIP

7.Have not yet recieved a NIP

8. The vehicle is registered to my father as his company car.

9. I have a full UK license which i have held for 5yrs.

10. I have no points and have held a clean license for the entirety of my license.

11. After being over the officer showed me the radar gun reading of 101mph from a distance of 120yards.
My details where taken down and i was told i was to expect a summons in the post and likely to recieve a 28 day ban. However i recieved no paper work at the road side. Is this normal?!
Mika
QUOTE (G)
Im a student who was pulled over on a quite motorway at 1.30AM!

I was caught by a laser gun in a traffic car hidding under a bridge, the reading was 101mph.

I was given no paper work and told only to await a court date in the post? is this normal?!

I was pulled by surrey traffic police, have not yet recieved any PID.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do in court? this is my first offence in 5 yrs of driving. Do the courts take this and the time of the offense into consideration?

I would really appreciate any help on this matter as iv been told im looking at a likely 28 day ban!

Many thanks
Shao
not sure about this. if you didnt sign anything on the roadside then surely that has some significance? also isn't there something about radar gun calibration defence? hope someone with a bit more knowledge can help you.
LancashireLad
Not really.  A verbal nip is the minimum legal requirement.  The next thing you will receive is probably a summons.

You may be able to mitigate your speed down to below 101 and avoid a ban but overturning a police stop is quite hard as courts tend to believe a police officers word.

You will be relying on either destrying the police officers credibility and recollection of the event (odds are against you as a lay defendant) or hoping there is a flaw in the paperwork.
G
Ah, so not looking too good,

I have been looking around tho, and read something about the officer and the car having to be in full view whenever they are using a radar?! Is this true? If so i may have something there because the view of the car was  obstructed by concrete barriers running parrellel with the motorway. The only visible part of the car where the lights....and i saw them too late!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.