Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice needed
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
gonzo_harry
hey guys! i am new to this forum i was recommended by a friend to come here for help. I have just driven past a Police Officer with a handeld gun, not sure if i was speeding or not?!? but do they have to pull you over to give you a speeding ticket or can they send it through the post??
pk786
Hi, they usually stop you on the roadside, but they can choose not to in which case the RK should be served a NIP with 14 days of the alleged offence, where by he/she will have to identify the offending driver.
gonzo_harry
does both the Police Officer and the vehicle need to be visible or is it just the Officer??
iwt
Hi.
I believe they can both be hidden.
--
Regards, Iain.
gonzo_harry
damn sad.gif oh well just a waiting game for me then! what happens if it arrives after 14 days??
pk786
There is no law which says that the the officer or car have to be visible, thus they tend to hide behind bushes and other shelters.
gonzo_harry
nah he was pretty clear in his high-vis just didnt seem him til late sad.gif basically i have no way around this then??
Mayhem007
QUOTE (gonzo_harry @ Thu, 7 Oct 2010 - 21:22) *
hey guys! i am new to this forum i was recommended by a friend to come here for help. I have just driven past a Police Officer with a handeld gun, not sure if i was speeding or not?!? but do they have to pull you over to give you a speeding ticket or can they send it through the post??

Do you remember if there was a marked car further up the road, they tend to be visible as they are not doing the speed check.
Logician
QUOTE (gonzo_harry @ Thu, 7 Oct 2010 - 21:51) *
nah he was pretty clear in his high-vis just didnt seem him til late sad.gif basically i have no way around this then??

You may have a way round it, but at the moment we do not know whether "it" is going to happen. If it does, post again, completeing the NIP wizard, and we will see what we can do.
gonzo_harry
thanks for the help guys much appreciated!! and mayhem007 no there was no marked cars up the road, even his was hidden right in the bottom of car as i only caught a reflection of it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.