Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UKCPS Parking Notice Charge
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
revelation
This is very similar to davey_weir's post re. UKCPS. Same PPC, but location is New Mersey Retail Park in Liverpool, and I have a blue badge, although it was not on display at time of issue of notice. As advised on this and other forums I have ignored letters from UKCPS and Court Proceeding Ltd. However, I have contacted DVLA for the V888/3 and supporting documents, which I understand UKCPS should have provided to them to obtain my details. DVLA have confirmed that they emailed UKCPS twice for the supporting information, but have received no response. Since DVLA should already have this information and they have ignored my multiple requests, I have now issued a Freedom of Information complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, but I understand this can take months/years to process. I have also registered a complaint with DVLA for not responding to my FoI request within 20 working days. If I can get the V888/3 form and supporting documents from DVLA I believe I have a strong case against UKCPS in connection with the notices that they have installed in the Retail Park, which do not comply with the form.

I await the conclusion of davey weir's court case.

RD400E
Ooooh the cheeky so and so's!

Their letter is a scream! At the top, I ssume there's a ref no. printed where they have stated the debt and admin fees at £325

Then further down they state the original amount as £100 and court costs etc making it up to £325

So the top figure is based on the assumption that the bottom figures would be payable, and only in the event they took you to court and actually won!!!

Ignore them, and thanks for the laugh biggrin.gif
DBC
"The owner of  the vehicle must pay a charge of £100". How wrong can they be? 
strollingplayer
Wait, DVLA coughed on a V888 but now say they don't have the information they require from the people using the form?

Incidentally, did they provde a useful address for UKCPS? DVLA insist that this should not be a PO Box or an accommodation address.

It may be worth a flat denial, since UKCPS do try it on in court from time to time, and a single denial will tick a box for the judge if it happens. "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company. Any legal action brought will be vigorously defended. I invite you to bring proceedings within 14 days or I shall consider the matter closed. Any further demands for payment shall be construed as harassment" etc. Someone else may be able to provide some better wording.
bama
I have some address info.

later - gtg
cabbyman
Another blue badge; Another letter for SRM's friends at Mobilise?
strollingplayer
Ah, I missed the bit about the Blue Badge. If it goes to court, you can potentially make some money from them in damages under the DDA.
DBC
I should like to know what "offence" has occurred by the "unauthorised removal" of their parking ticket.
Alexis
Should be interesting to see what the court thinks of this paperwork in a couple of months.
bama
looks like the address info I have is just another mail drop, this time in Balmoral Place.
revelation
QUOTE (strollingplayer @ Wed, 6 Oct 2010 - 02:09) *
Wait, DVLA coughed on a V888 but now say they don't have the information they require from the people using the form?

Incidentally, did they provde a useful address for UKCPS? DVLA insist that this should not be a PO Box or an accommodation address.

It may be worth a flat denial, since UKCPS do try it on in court from time to time, and a single denial will tick a box for the judge if it happens. "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company. Any legal action brought will be vigorously defended. I invite you to bring proceedings within 14 days or I shall consider the matter closed. Any further demands for payment shall be construed as harassment" etc. Someone else may be able to provide some better wording.

I've got another idea based on your suggestion. I have sent you a PM.
revelation
Liverpool parking firm (UKCPS) coughs up £1,000 of fines due for charity after ECHO probe

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-n.../#ixzz1qDvVrvl0
SchoolRunMum
So that's why UKCPS logo disappeared recently from the charity's website.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.