Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motorcyclist stoppped for speeding on motorway 90mph.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
sheene
Stopped for speeding on the motorway said i was travelling at 90mph always a nice round figure lone officer follow check used speedometer in police range rover not traffic or motorway patrol but osu vehicle operation support unit. No beacons on roof of range roverjust flashing lights in grill.

It was tea time rush hour just joined the motorway not even covered a mile less than one junction. officer said joining speed excessive faster than traffic already on the motorway. It was tea time rush hour very very heavy traffic i was lucky to even get on the motorway the traffic was that bad ended up behind a HGV not a good place to be pulled out into the fast lane car in front of me driver on his mobile phone wondering to the right and left i flashed him to pull over as there was space next to him he wouldnt move over so i undertuck him passed him and shook my head at him.

To cut a long story short 3 miles on the officer pulls behind me lights fashing on grill of osu range rover i get in the rear of his vehicle he asks me why do you think iv stopped you i reply my small reg plate i hold my hands up. He replys no that undertake you did back there i could report you for careless driving £2000 fine and a court apperance. He goes on i was right behind you i followed you for a set distance neither gaing or loosing site of you and your spped was 90mph.

Remeber its tea time rush hour oh yes and he was right behind me thats why it took him over 4 miles to stop me i could see him in the distance but as the traffic was so heavy in front of him and behind me he couldnt make any headway dont no wether the fact that the lights on the grill of his vehicle didnt alert drivers as they just were not getting out of his way.

Any how iv pleaded not guilty in the officers statement he hasnt mentioned the fact that i undertuck a vehicle and duely i havnt mentioned it in my statement as i guessd the officer has seen my statement i didnt want to let him no my game plan which is to tell the truth when i get to court see if the officer denies the facts.

I did tell the officer that the car i undetuck that the driver was using his mobile and braking and veerig in the fast lane i said to him did you see it. He replied no went on to tell me he has 20 20 vision i took this to mean that if he didnt see it then it never happened. He also went on to tell me that he was once a motorcyclist but was now reformed i took that to mean that he was totally antie bike.

He issued me with a ticket for my small numberplate as well as the speeding offence im due in court in six weeks advice needed............. mellow.gif

CuriousOrange
 What truth are you going to tell, and what facts are you wanting to challenge him to deny? Also:

QUOTE (sheene @ Fri, 24 Sep 2010 - 00:34) *
Stopped for speeding on the motorway...It was tea time rush hour just joined the motorway not even covered a mile less than one junction...Remeber its tea time rush hour oh yes and he was right behind me thats why it took him over 4 miles to stop me
One moment you make it sound like you've been on the motorway less than a mile, next that you've been on it for over four miles.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.