Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pcn on sinlge yellow line
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ma_500
Hi
I am a driving instructor, and had to drop off my pupil on a road where there was a sinlge yellow line. Since he finished his lesson there, i took a moment to explain him some things, before he left and i changed seat to drive away. I must have been there for some minutes, he then left and i made a phone call before i drove away from there. and in that time a camera operator took a picture off the parked car, and i got a parking ticket. Do i stand any chance to challenge the ticket ??
It happened on francis road in stratford e15.
It said on the ticket it is a contravention ( 01 Parked in a restricted area street during prescribed hours )
Any help ????
Thanks

I am just adding the scans of the ticket here.
And the place where i was parked, in the picture where there are 2 cars parked on the drive, thats where i was stopped.
It can be my back wheel is a bit on the curb, could that be the reason i got the ticket, while i am still in the car ??
And thanks for the quick response.
makara
Scan the ticket (all sides), then remove your personal details and post up the scan here for the Experts.

Any photos of the place you parked (and signs) will also be useful.
Ranchero
So, you got ticketed while you were sitting in the car?
bama
CCTV - posted later.
ma_500
Yes, me and my student were sitting in the car. And then he opened the door and left from the driver seat. I then changed seat after a minute or two, and drove away. But i will post the scan up here in a moment.
Thanks.
dave-o
I would say that counts as boarding/alighting.
DancingDad
QUOTE (dave-o @ Mon, 13 Sep 2010 - 11:42) *
I would say that counts as boarding/alighting.

Not with a phone call in the middle it doesn't..... I can't advise not to tell the truth if asked but moment that a phone call is included neither council not IMO adjudicator is going to accept alighting. (hint)
dave-o
I'm not suggesting that he state he didn't make a phonecall, just that given the non-seriousness of the situation, there is no need to specifically mention it.
DancingDad
Sorry Dave...my earlier comment wasn't directed at you but I see how you misread it.
Edited to clarify it's my thought (and saying the same as you but by hinting rather then direct)
dave-o
No need to be sorry. I think we're saying the same thing.
ma_500
Hi
I did call the council today to get some more photos, but they didnt have more than that, since i wanted to know wether they could see we both were in the car. But i feel its a bit unfair, i have been picking up students on that road many times in the last 2 years, but never had a pcn.
I just want to know, if I do challenge them, and they reject it, what can i do after that ?
Thanks.
dave-o
Be careful not to say too much to the council.

Ultimately they won't spend too much time looking at photos or videos, either to help you out or to try and enforce against you. They will probably refuse you all the way to adjudication and then drop out. They are trying to make as much money as possible and the way to do that is to spend as little time as possible on every case and assume that most motorists will just give up rather than contest all the way.
ma_500
But if i do take the case to the adjudicator, will i have to pay the expenses if i loose the case ?? or what are the costs to carry on if they reject ? and will i still be able to pay the £50, if the adjudicator decides that i have to pay ?
dave-o
The most you pay (as long as you stick to the time scales) is the full ticket price (100)

Councils usually back out of marginal cases before adjudication.
hcandersen
Back to my favourite topic - the time of the contravention is given as 14.50. So, what were the events at that time? You might have been there for an hour, but it's not relevant: the only thing that counts is the time of contravention; what was happening at that time; and whether we can construct a successful defence.

Don't reveal this unless it plays in your favour, but you have a recollection of the chronology and hopefully can place some of the events precisely as your phone came into play.

HCA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.