Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN for not displaying a valid permit in a suspended bay
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
antodeste
This is my first post on this forum and I would welcome any help you could give me regarding this issue.

I have been issued a PCN by Islington council in London for the following offence:
"12S Parked in a residents' or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place".

The penalty was issued from 08:30am to 08:34am on 23/08/2010. This is crucial since the space I was parked in was suspended from 08:30am on that very day until 19:30 for Loading and Unloading. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to take a photo of the suspension notice as I needed to take the car back to the rental agency by 9am.

I hope the photos taken by the CEO show the suspension notice which was right by my car. I actually haven't been able to see them yet as the system on Islington Council's website does not recognize my PCN number and does not allow me to see the photos.

Anyway can I make an appeal based on the fact that they gave me the wrong kind of ticket, since the bay was suspended and therefore the residents' restriction was not applicable at that time for that specific bay?

EDIT After posting this I have found out that the correct code for parking in a suspended bay should have been the following:
21 Parked in a suspended bay/space or part of bay/space.

Would this work? I can't scan the notice until tomorrow, but in the meantime maybe someone can give me some precious hints on how to handle this.

Thanks in advance.
Antonio
Bogsy
I certainly would argue that if the bay suspension was active at the time the PCN was served then technically you were not parked in a resident's or shared use parking place since these restrictions had been suspended and thus not applicable.Code 21 ought to have been used. Contact the highway dept to get them to confirm when the bay was suspended and if it was active then appeal on the premise of contravention did not occur.
antodeste
Thanks Bogsy, that's very useful. Ehm... How can I contact the highway Dept? Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot
Bogsy
Phone the council that served the PCN and ask to speak to the dept that regulate parking suspensions. The telephone number will be on their website.
antodeste
After searching on Islington website, I foudn the number of the Parking Suspensions Manager, Jamie Ride. He very quickly checked for me and found out that I was indeed given the wrong type of ticket and cancelled the PCN. On the phone, like that! He reassured me I am not liable for this ticket anymore. Can I be sure of it or should I appeal anyway?

hcandersen
Neither. Email the council (as per contact details on the PCN) and refer to your conversation with the named individual and confirm the details i.e. that penalty charge notice ******* has been cancelled. If you're in a good mood, you could thank him for his prompt attention to this matter.

HCA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.