Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 Speeding fines in 3 days in same location
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
awisbey
I drive my children to a club along the A127 most days as I've done for a few years. Today, in the same post, I received 3 speeding fines for doing 56, 53 and 52 in a 40 mph limit at the same spot. The road is mostly 70 mph but I'm guessing that there's some hidden camera where it nears a chicane that must go down to 40 mph. I'm guessing they must have swicthed it on this week.

Will these get processed as 3 separate incidents e.g. will I be receiving 9 points at least, possibly more (a ban ?).

Is there anything I can do ?
iwt
Hi.
Not a lot of details to work with. Try running through the NIP wizard (read the FAQ).
Ask them for photos to assist identifying the driver, without mentioning words like proof or evidence, or the fact they're actually to assist identifying the location...
Speed limits do not change simply due to a bend in the road, there must be signs!
--
Regards, Iain.
RD400E
I'm afraid you're not going to escape this on a technicality.
The chicane you refer to is the Fortune of War at Laindon.

The terminal signs advising of a reduction from the NSL of 70 to 40 are well placed, as are numerous warning signs of camera enforcement.
The Terminal signes are approx half a mile from the 'chicane' and the fixed Gatsos (not hidden) are approx 300 meters from the 'chicane' on both the East and Westbound carriageways.
It would appear you are likely to end up with 3 seperate convictions at 3 points each, unless you are offered a speed awareness course, although that may only be offered for the lesser speed of the 3.

Finally, this speed enforcement arrangement has been in operation for over a year.
jobo
QUOTE (awisbey @ Sat, 21 Aug 2010 - 14:54) *
I drive my children to a club along the A127 most days as I've done for a few years. Today, in the same post, I received 3 speeding fines for doing 56, 53 and 52 in a 40 mph limit at the same spot. The road is mostly 70 mph but I'm guessing that there's some hidden camera where it nears a chicane that must go down to 40 mph. I'm guessing they must have swicthed it on this week.

Will these get processed as 3 separate incidents e.g. will I be receiving 9 points at least, possibly more (a ban ?).

Is there anything I can do ?

are these on 3 separate days
awisbey
Yes, the 14th, 15th and 16th of this month. I'm aware there are signs. I'm just surprised that as I've been driving this route for 3 years, 4 days a week, I was fined 3 days running. Its as if they just started fining people. I've heard that people are prosecuted if they have 8 points on their license. As I have 0 but now possibly 9, it's all rather sudden.
peterguk
QUOTE (awisbey @ Sat, 21 Aug 2010 - 16:11) *
I've heard that people are prosecuted if they have 8 points on their license.

Which pub did you hear that?

People are never prosecuted because they already have a certain number of points.

I suspect they'll be treated a 3 separate offences, each one COFP, 3 points and £60.
awisbey
Thanks. Am I best to reply to the 3 separately or put them all in one envelope with a covering letter ? Any chance grouping the 3 together would reduce the total points ?
peterguk
QUOTE (awisbey @ Sat, 21 Aug 2010 - 16:50) *
Thanks. Am I best to reply to the 3 separately or put them all in one envelope with a covering letter ? Any chance grouping the 3 together would reduce the total points ?

You need to complete and sign each of the three S.172s. At least in the same envelope you'll save a couple of stamps.
The Rookie
Put them in one envelope, whys pend more.

You could write a letter asking them nicely if they will consider them as one offence, (although they aren't), they may try and assits, it has happened before. In one case, they dropped one and offered a course for another, so its worth the price of a letter in with the replies.

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.