Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Notice of Legal Proceedings
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Argheljay
Hi

Hoping for some help on this one. Due shortly and more than one. ohmy.gif (NCP Railway)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit: Quick apologies if this has been dealt with elsewhere, I'm in a slight rush for some sound advice.
Misono
Just ignore it, it's a PPC speculative invoice. Only thing you shouldn't ignore is genuine court papers.
bama
Don't hold your breath waiting for the proceedings.
Gan
NCP must have realised that the letters from Graham White are too well known. ICC are just another debt collection agency with no powers.

Unusual to write that they "will" issue proceedings instead of "may".

I would ignore it and see what happens next. If they don't go ahead you will not only know that they were bluffing but have grounds for an official complaint to their licensing authority.

NCP have too many council contracts to risk the publicity of court action for invoices that they know have no legal basis.
bama
Just an aggressive but powerless DCA - NCP must be getting less people paying up. Hope it wasn't something we said.

Bit of a mistake by NCP going for such an aggressive DCA IMO.

NCP don't do court but of this DCA gets found as being naughty then NCP is in line from some opprobrium.
And as they have a lot of council contracts which will all have the standard PFI 'wrongdoing' cancellation clauses they dare not risk being 'caught'.
DJBrenton
I guess spellcheck doesn't pick up that your credit status would be 'affected' not 'effected'. Muppets.
Argheljay
Excellent, thank you for the replies. It's reassuring. What's the procedure following receival of any court papers?
bama
NCP don't do court.
Gan
Have just noticed the heading : NCP (railway)

Did they claim the ticket was issued under Railway Byelaws 14 ?

If so, they've committed an offence under the Administration of Justice and possibly the Fraud Act.
bama
they have issued lots of these.

no reason to believe they will have changed.
Alexis
Carry on ignoring and please scan in any more bits of junkmail so I can update my link!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.