Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non Signing without B&B - Gone to Court
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
sjpage
Have any cases gone to court yet where the accused

Has Not been informed on behalf of the CC to sign or where a NIP includes a caution under PACE. (You do not have to say anything etc........) ???????????

one would presume that they could not prosecute in the same manor that they did for Idris !
keycare
I'll be up on the 12-Nov. I did not receive any additional correspondence whatsoever.
sjpage
Hi
forgot to note that this was for Unsigned forms

was yours unsigned ?

is it just for the 'failure to give information' ?
or for speeding or both ?
sjpage
Guilty icon_cry.gif

Sorry for the late update, went staight to the Pub after court

Guilty, 3 points, £60,  No costs !

I was very nervous and probably didn't get my arguments across very well but felt like even if I had a bullet proof defence the outcome would have been the same !

Prosecution initially used Y&M but I managed to persuade the court that if was not about not signing, I introduced PACE but it went over their heads and they decided to ignore it.

Prosecution then came back with Broomfield which the magistrates found against me.

The Prosecutor was good to me and dropped the costs and asked that the magistrates treat it as a fixed penalty. They weren't two happy about this at first as they could see the tarriff for S172 was higher and asked to see my means form. The prosecutor said I had tried to comply but as the camera unit had lost my clarification letter I never got the chance to have it dealt with as a fixed penalty !

Don't think I will appeal as the the outcome (although wrong) was very lenient. How does this work if Idris' wins his appeal, can I then ask for my case to be overturned or do I have lodge an appeal up front ?

Doug.

From unsigned forms

looks like we have to defend against Y&M & Broomfield
Thing thay annoys me from all what I have read your guilty as soon as you walk in to a magistrates court. (unless you've got a very expensive lawyer)
Any thoughts anyone
sjpage
I know it has been mentioned that some cases are being held until the outcome of Idris case but

Does anyone know of any more cases that have gone to court yet
what about those who where not informed to sign by the CC or those that got the PACE warning on the NIP ??

will the CPS continue to issues summons even though there is a chance they may have to drop them if idris ... When idris wins his case
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.