Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going to court on Tuesday
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
shaggy
I am summoned to court on tuesday next under section 172(3) road traffic act & schedule 2 road traffic offenders act 1988.

Attached to summons were photo evidence of my car travelling at 63mph in a 50 area.

I have written to the court stating that (and can prove) I was out of the country days prior to & after the date of offence.

My car was for sale at the time of the offence, I understand from my wife that a couple and there daughter arrived at my home and requested a test drive, their insurance policy covered "to drive any car with the owners permission" these people did not purchase my car as final price was non negotiable" we did not have a reason to record their names or addresses.

The decision maker was telephone and informed of the situation as soon as I was aware of the offence. He hand delivered larger photos to my home in the hope I could identify the driver. He acknowledged the fact I had a new car with my private plate reassigned.

He was told (re telecon) that I was not in a position to idendify the driver as we never met. His comments were" unfortunately the buck stops with me" and issued the summons.

I have written to the court stating all of the above details.

The decision makers statement, as you would expect is a one sided view and lacks any mention of the true facts, telephone calls or visits to my home, but states that:
a)  the intended prosecution notice was not returned idendifiying the
    driver. (true but misleading)
B)  He also states a reminder was sent but not identifying the driver.

All correspondence has been dealt with properly, but I cannot identify the driver.
Living
Good luck on Tuesday mate not that you should need it though
Observer
As long as you can take the stand and give reasonably persuasive sworn testimony to the effect of what you've written, you should be acquitted.
spearchucker
I'm up in front of the Beak tuesday, too icon_eek.gif  (s172) good luck
shaggy
QUOTE (Observer)
As long as you can take the stand and give reasonably persuasive sworn testimony to the effect of what you've written, you should be acquitted.

I read what you say "BUT"

The judicial system is geared around the law always being right.

With the evidence I have, where are they coming from and why waste tax payers money on a case that seems likely to fail.

Or, is there some underlying factor I am not aware of.
shaggy
QUOTE (Living)
Good luck on Tuesday mate not that you should need it though

Thanks
broosta
They may still be just hanging in there waiting for you to plead guilty at the last minute - so don't! With one of my cases they dropped it as they went into the court room - having been adamant that they would prosecute me up until then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.