Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summons for failure to comply with traffic light signals?!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
dmca
Hello, i need advice!!
I recently got a NIP from the police to say i allegedly had failed to comply with traffic light signals, and a s172 form to fill in. I filled it in to say i was the driver and requested photographic evidence of this as i hadn't been stopped by the police. I got the photos to prove i had gone through the red light, but i could not remember the offence AT all so presumed i must've have nipped through thinking it was still amber (so 1-2 secs into red). I voiced this, and the police informed me i was 51.2 seconds (!) into the red when i went through at 12mph so it had been handed to court for a summons!!!! I can't believe it as i'm so careful, and have never had another offence, but clearly i did it. There was car to the side on me in the other lane who set off before me and i think i just was fooled into thinking the light had gone green and went...no excuse i guess but explains why i was going 12mph and was so long into the red. the light goes green about 56secs after red (i counted the other day) so i guess it went green soon after i went through. I had only been driving 22months (at time of incident), and am so so so scared about what's going to happen to me! Am i going to get a ban? And/or a massive fine? And points? Also, will i actually have to go to court in person, and any idea on when i should expect summons (i was informed it was passed to court a week ago).
So many Qs, i do apologise! Please help someone! huh.gif
jobo
its 3 points only and the fine is dependent on income so large but not huge, there is a theoretical ban attached to nearly ALL RTA offences and i wouldn't expect you get to get one, as you went early rather than late ??????, but i cant promise

you can plead guilty by post, IF they make you attend its coz they are considering a ban, as they are very reluctant to ban if your not there, for obvious reasons
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.