Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: handheld speedcameras catch you from behind?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
strobez1977
Hi just wondering if handheld speed cameras can catch other cars driving away from it?

i was coming home earlier and on a dual carrageway and there was a policeman holding a gun towards the traffic coming towards him on the other lane(i was on the other side driving away not that i was speeding just wanted to know) can these guns catch out people on both sides at once?

thanks
BaggieBoy
Yes.
dom
QUOTE (strobez1977 @ Sun, 27 Jun 2010 - 16:03) *
Hi just wondering if handheld speed cameras can catch other cars driving away from it?

i was coming home earlier and on a dual carrageway and there was a policeman holding a gun towards the traffic coming towards him on the other lane(i was on the other side driving away not that i was speeding just wanted to know) can these guns catch out people on both sides at once?

thanks

Without wishing to be pedantic is depends on what you mean by "at once"? They can certainly target a car moving towards them followed shortly after by one moving away (or vice versa!) but not more than one car at the same time!

dom
strobez1977
QUOTE (dom @ Mon, 28 Jun 2010 - 13:30) *
QUOTE (strobez1977 @ Sun, 27 Jun 2010 - 16:03) *

thanks

Without wishing to be pedantic is depends on what you mean by "at once"? They can certainly target a car moving towards them followed shortly after by one moving away (or vice versa!) but not more than one car at the same time!

dom

Yeh also it was on the A47 dual carrageway and he was pointing in the lane with cars coming towards him and as the road is very wide id be suprised if he was realy aiming for cars driving on the oppisite lane and away from him

thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.