Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: B&Q Parking Charge Notice form ParkingEye (BPA)
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Sir Pod
Hi had a notice from Parking Eye today telling me i was parked for more than 3 hours in B&Q. Which i was. I went down bought a fence panel that would not fit in my car and had to walk it home.
I have read aquite a few post telling people not to pay these and are uninforcable. My only problem is that the post are all at least 6 months old and i am afraid that they have found some legal loop hole so that they can enforce. Should i pay or show then two of my finest fingers.
Spitfire_55
When dealing with "tickets" from private parking companies (PPCs) our advice is to ignore them. For more information about this recommendation and private parking companies, click this link.
muckychimney
QUOTE (Sir Pod @ Mon, 17 May 2010 - 14:40) *
Hi had a notice from Parking Eye today telling me i was parked for more than 3 hours in B&Q. Which i was. I went down bought a fence panel that would not fit in my car and had to walk it home.
I have read aquite a few post telling people not to pay these and are uninforcable. My only problem is that the post are all at least 6 months old and i am afraid that they have found some legal loop hole so that they can enforce. Should i pay or show then two of my finest fingers.

One middle finger will suffice ..i.. rolleyes.gif
Alexis
6 months old? We get private parking threads every day.

Same advice applies - ignore them.

Consider venting at B&Q. I'd be tempted to return the fence panel and demand a refund plus expenses. Buy at Homebase and send your receipt to head office so they can see how much money they've just lost.
ftc001
Concur, ignore.
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (Sir Pod @ Mon, 17 May 2010 - 14:40) *

You are reading the wrong posts!

Why not read the current threads on the board:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

And start by reading the stickies on that link, including the Watchdog programme linked. THen make a paper aeroplane of the ticket!

You do not have to take seriously any parking 'fine' not issued by the Police or Council or under genuine Railway Byelaws. Private tickets are not to be paid!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.