Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bank Holiday bus lanes
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
MarkLee
I've received a PCN for driving in a bus lane on Bank Holiday Monday. My wife was in the car with me and recalls pointing out the notice. I was of the view that Bank Holiday Monday was akin to a Sunday and thus the restriction did not preclude me from driving in the bus lane on 3 May.

I've searched the forum but cannot see this issue has been addressed before. I would welcome views.

Given some of the other stories on the site it may be relevant to note that the bus lane is in LB Ealing!
clark_kent
QUOTE (MarkLee @ Thu, 13 May 2010 - 11:04) *
I've received a PCN for driving in a bus lane on Bank Holiday Monday. My wife was in the car with me and recalls pointing out the notice. I was of the view that Bank Holiday Monday was akin to a Sunday and thus the restriction did not preclude me from driving in the bus lane on 3 May.

Monday is Monday not Sunday, Bank Holiday or not a Monday is always on a Monday.
Bogsy
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Thu, 13 May 2010 - 18:16) *

Monday is Monday not Sunday, Bank Holiday or not a Monday is always on a Monday.

Clark you don't know that for certain unless you've read the traffic order controlling the bus lane.

ML...you should request a full copy of the controlling traffic order for the bus lane and then upload here for feedback.
clark_kent
QUOTE (Bogsy @ Thu, 13 May 2010 - 23:32) *
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Thu, 13 May 2010 - 18:16) *

Clark you don't know that for certain unless you've read the traffic order controlling the bus lane.

ML...you should request a full copy of the controlling traffic order for the bus lane and then upload here for feedback.

Obviously if the traffic order is wrong then any sign is incorrect but there isn't a single sign in the TSRGD where a monday restriction can ever relate to a Sunday or visa versa. Are you telling me that its possible to enforce a sunday only restriction on a bank holiday monday if the TRO says so?
Bogsy
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Fri, 14 May 2010 - 18:33) *
Obviously if the traffic order is wrong then any sign is incorrect but there isn't a single sign in the TSRGD where a monday restriction can ever relate to a Sunday or visa versa. Are you telling me that its possible to enforce a sunday only restriction on a bank holiday monday if the TRO says so?

I'm saying that regardless of what the signage says it is the traffic order that matters. The purpose of a traffic sign is convey the effect of the traffic order. I am aware that some traffic orders do stipulate that where a bank or public holiday falls on a day between Mon-Sat then for the purpose of the order that day is to be treated as a Sunday.
MickH
QUOTE (MarkLee @ Thu, 13 May 2010 - 10:04) *

I've searched the forum but cannot see this issue has been addressed before. I would welcome views.

Given some of the other stories on the site it may be relevant to note that the bus lane is in LB Ealing!

Sorry it's been a long time since you posted this article........ Nottingham's bus lanes are advertised = Nottingham bus lanes
work on Bank Holidays..... This advice is not available anywhere apart from on the NIP the driver receives when the NIP is delivered to him/her. Of course this is to make money and despite what Clark Kent says ( he may be one of them) they should not work on Bank Holidays because the bus service is a Sunday Service. So the Monday to Friday bus lane 4-6PM is not a working week day
so the legislation has been twisted by the authorities to make money.
When looking at filling the form to go to tribunal the only box to tick is OFFENCE NOT COMMITTED otherwise there is no other designated reason stated to take the matter to tribunal which it should be taken. These forms and the writings therein are set up to deceive and they do achieve that by intent.

Nottingham Council have been rebuked today on national television for not having clear signage by two adjudicators a sw ell as more solicitors yet the council refuse to accept the adjudicators findings. The presentor on the Television tells the public =
Councils can do as they please.... but they should have added the known fact that Councils can screw the driver however & whenever they choose.

Time for a revolution ---You Bet High Time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.