Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow Box Junction PCN cancelled
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ollie77
Good Evening
About a month ago having received a PCN for "entering and stopping in a box junctionwhen prohibited" at the Archway Rd/Jacksons Lane/Highgate Ave/Shepherds Hill junction., I spent several hours reading previous postings on this website

I took notice of all and realised that my notice was incorrect on 3 counts.
Firstly that they had issued the PCN on the 29th day after the "offence"
Secondly, that my passage through had been prevented due to cars parked in bus lane forcing traffic into my lane which then stopped the flow of traffic leaving me and several others isolated in the box- having entered the box all traffic was initially moving.

Lastly the box markings at this junction do not at the moment go all the way to the kerb as required.

The response from TFL is a little disappointing

" For future reference, please note that you must not enter the box junction until your exit road is clear. You must not enter the box unless the you can cross over it completley without stopping. If there is a vehicle already ahead of you in the box junction, you must wait until that vehicle has moved out and there is a free space for your vehicle the other side of the box junction. Please note that being stationary within a box junction constitutes a contravention"

Now whilst the outcome is ok for me - they have cancelled my charge - they still appear to me not to accept the fact that they were trying to levy an incorrect charge against me

I hope this may help others in a similar situation, in the meantime I would thank previous posters who helped save some hard earned cash

regards
bama
well won.

For future reference, please note that you must not enter the box junction until your exit road is clear.

complete bollocks.
but if a council vehicle if up your chuff (or better yet a councillor's) do it no matter hard you have to brake smile.gif

...Please note that being stationary within a box junction constitutes a contravention"

more of their bollocks.

send a copy of it to the Head of Traffic for the Met smile.gif

shame we can't organise a 'YBJ day" where everyone does it !

mind you just a hundred (or two) cars doing it would be enough to cause absolute chaos.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.