Full Version: OUCH!!!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
aliged
1. Was the offence in England or Scotland
2. The name of the Constabulary-Strathclyde Police
3. Date of the offence-15Mar2005
4. Date of the NIP-21Mar2005
5. Date you received the NIP-22Mar2005
6. Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery?-1st Class in an unsealed envelope....sure the neighbours had a giggle
7. Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned?No  If not then what is your relationship with the vehicle. It's my wifes car.
8. Do you hold a UK or foreign driving licence.Yes
9. How many current points do you have? 3
10. Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out.  Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons.

I joined the dual carraigeway A-road from a slip road. Totally distracted by other thoughts, I let the speed build up and then got the old double flash. I checked the speedo instantly and it showed between 64 and 68 mph. The NIP says I was doing 73 icon_hang.gif  :banghead:  and that the limit was 40 . It was a temporary Speed Restriction area.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks!!!!!
bigstoop
icon_question.gif  A77 upgrade?
aliged
That's the one icon_eyes.gif
zuegma
What was the normal limit for the road.

I am pretty sure that if it is a tempory speed limit it is a non endorsable offence. That said if you were going 73 mph you would have been above any limit in any case.
firefly
QUOTE (zuegma)

I am pretty sure that if it is a tempory speed limit it is a non endorsable offence. <...>

Where does this come from?  I have heard it 100 times; it's bollocks.  :shock:
zuegma
QUOTE (firefly)
Where does this come from?  I have heard it 100 times; it's bollocks.  icon_eek.gif

Fair Enough icon_redface.gif
ako2
Hi friend,
sorry to hear about you getting snapped on this road too. Have a look at my case, it might help.
I think that in your case you will be summoned to court regardless, due to the excessive speed..

NIP scotland eu license
patdavies
QUOTE (firefly)
QUOTE (zuegma)

I am pretty sure that if it is a tempory speed limit it is a non endorsable offence. <...>

Where does this come from?  I have heard it 100 times; it's bollocks.  :shock:

Unless it's a Folly Bottom...........

For a temp. limit. it's absolutely essential to check the relevant TROs
aliged
I'm surprised!!!!!!!!

3 points and £60 gratefully received as punishment.

biggrin.gif  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
jimmy ferrari
FF this is all I could find on temp limits
aliged..... sounds lenient!!
firefly
Hi Jimmy,
QUOTE (jimmy ferrari)
FF this is all I could find on temp limits

QUOTE (Speed-Trap.co.uk)
Temporary speed limits.
You should note that exceeding a temporary speed limit is a non-endorsable offence. This means that you can only get a fine, but not have any endorsements (points) applied to your license. Of course, like most things in law, there is an exception, and in this case it's national speed limits (ie. motorways and dual carriageways). If you exceed a temporary limit on a motorway, such as in roadworks, or the controlled-speed section of the M25, then it becomes an endorsable offence, ie. points. This information is in some dispute at the moment, but came from a traffic officer undergoing basic traffic training so I have no reason to believe that it's false.

This really should be changed, as it's twaddle.  The legal basis for this assumption has never been established.
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (jimmy ferrari)

He must have accepted the COFP. He hasn't been to court in only a month from the offence.
That said, being offered one for 73 in a 40 is surprising.
QUOTE (firefly)
The legal basis for this assumption has never been established.

It is established that it is twaddle.
That site used to be good, but it went rapidly down hill when Chris Longhurst disposed of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.