Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: View of the cameras on Scammera Van
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
glasgow_bhoy
Right guys this is one which I'm needin to know coz it may be the diffrence between a friend getting a 6 month totting ban (already been revoked and picked up 3 points within days of geting back on the road..)

How zoomed are the LTI speed guns? Like theoretically you are going past one and go away from the camera (so your heading away)- do the cameras have like a 180 degree zoom on it?? There was a lot of heavy brakeing once alongside the van, but she didn't slow down below the limit until about 50 meters past the van
nomadros
QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Fri, 26 Mar 2010 - 17:00) *
Right guys this is one which I'm needin to know coz it may be the diffrence between a friend getting a 6 month totting ban (already been revoked and picked up 3 points within days of geting back on the road..)

How zoomed are the LTI speed guns? Like theoretically you are going past one and go away from the camera (so your heading away)- do the cameras have like a 180 degree zoom on it?? There was a lot of heavy brakeing once alongside the van, but she didn't slow down below the limit until about 50 meters past the van

They can't do you for shots less than 50ft or is it metres in any direction, otherwise you can be nailed up to 999m in any direction. The max long range shots are about 660m but thye'd need a tripod or fixed platform to get a lock on as a shaky hand ain't good at those ranges.

If the gun was in a van and pointing at you when you were approaching, then you'ld be nabbed from a long way out. After that, they usual track you in to get a mug shot. The guns are just as good if you are going away from a van, but of course the gun has to be pointing at you.
Lew
it may be the diffrence between a friend getting a 6 month totting ban (already been revoked and picked up 3 points within days of geting back on the road..)

I don't get this.
Do you mean she already had 6 points, had her licence revoked, started driving again and "may" have been caught again?
if so as far as I'm aware she won't get it revoked again if she gets another 6 points, I believe after having the licence back, you start again but the 6 point bit doesn't count?

I could be wrong of course, but others will say yes or no. (hopefully)

Btw give your friend some good advice, "slow down".
glasgow_bhoy
QUOTE (Lew @ Sat, 27 Mar 2010 - 08:36) *
it may be the diffrence between a friend getting a 6 month totting ban (already been revoked and picked up 3 points within days of geting back on the road..)

I don't get this.
Do you mean she already had 6 points, had her licence revoked, started driving again and "may" have been caught again?
if so as far as I'm aware she won't get it revoked again if she gets another 6 points, I believe after having the licence back, you start again but the 6 point bit doesn't count?

noo she got 6 points got revoked
then got caught (bringing her to 9)
now we think shes been caught AGAIN!!
doesnt know the meaning of slow down... she knows she has to though.

whats concerning is that she approached the camera van so she was approaching the front of it (where theres no camera) but wasnt below the prosection threshold till a wee bit infront of the cameras view. my question is how zoomed are the cameras lol
henrik777
QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Sat, 27 Mar 2010 - 14:14) *

I don't get this.

whats concerning is that she approached the camera van so she was approaching the front of it (where theres no camera) but wasnt below the prosection threshold till a wee bit infront of the cameras view. my question is how zoomed are the cameras lol

I would expect as they are targeting on coming traffic it would take longer to get a ping for people travelling away from them as they would have to reposition a lot rather than a fraction and they wouldn't be looking at that spot unless somebody drew the operators attention. I would say she had a decent margin for error.

Cheers
glasgow_bhoy
QUOTE (henrik777 @ Sat, 27 Mar 2010 - 14:29) *
QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Sat, 27 Mar 2010 - 14:14) *

I don't get this.

I would expect as they are targeting on coming traffic it would take longer to get a ping for people travelling away from them as they would have to reposition a lot rather than a fraction and they wouldn't be looking at that spot unless somebody drew the operators attention. I would say she had a decent margin for error.

Cheers

Thats what I like to here!!

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.